Author Topic: Random Questions / Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Random Questions / Random Thoughts Thread
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
Okay.. I'm having a very ditsy moment and can't remember something Lemming related, and it doesn't warrant its own thread, so I'm setting this thread up instead.

My question is this: Tim3p was used in another game, and I can't for the life of me remember what it is. What game was it used in?

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Random Questions / Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:56:00 PM »

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:24:42 AM »
That's the badger! Thanks, geoo!

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 12:25:24 AM »
Oh man, I haven't heard this in a while. This was essentially how Tim Wright got his career started. It's awesome. :thumbsup:
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 12:27:38 AM »
I only watched the Puggs in Space demo for the first time recently - I had no idea until a week or two ago that that tune originated there. There's an official remix of the track on Tim Wright's website, too, if anyone's interested. :D

Here's one: The manual for The Lemmings Chronicles/All New World of Lemmings contains credits for a 3DO version that, as far as I know, wasn't released.

Why was the 3DO considered a viable option, and not the more widespread consoles of the time (i.e., the SNES and Mega Drive), which, given the game's control setup, would have been even better suited for a port of Chronicles than even the two prior games? (Does anyone wonder if they were perhaps going to wait until they actually finished the game for console ports?)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 03:09:47 PM »
I guess so. It wasn't very well promoted, though, which probably didn't help. I only heard of it about eighteen months to two years after its release, because I saw it on a shop shelf, myself... :o I don't recall seeing any coverage of it anywhere, and certainly no advertising.

That said, I didn't know of a CD32 version being planned, though - it doesn't have a credit in the manual like the 3DO version does. I'd have the same question about the viability of putting it on the CD32, too, to be honest. :P