Author Topic: level database  (Read 3029 times)

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
level database
« on: January 07, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »
My Lemmix database is in testing phase and I would really like to have all levelpacks to try and import them into the database.

Nice would be to have with the levelpacks:
- the author (goes into lemmix database)
- the description (goes into lemmix database)

Is there anyone who can do that?

Are all levelpacks created for the "custom lemmings"style with all 9 graphic sets?
Are all levelpacks 10 levels?

Regards Eric

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: level database
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 06:47:45 PM »
Not all packs in the database are ten levels. Some of them have 16. Would increasing it to 40 be possible?
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »
For Lemmix it's no problem I guess.
The only thing is that it would be nice to add the levels to different sections, like fun, tricky etc.
But with drag-drop in Lemmix it's easy.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 06:32:37 AM »
You're probably already aware, but most levels are on the level database, with author and information, and thanks to Akseli many of them even with ratings: http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/list
(I don't really like Fun/Tricky/Taxing/Mayhem as ratings/sortings, as the original stages contained mostly levels not only of a similar difficulty, but also of similar style, and nowadays many levels tend to be hard than Mayhem as well.)

I packed a whole bunch of levels, unsorted, a while ago into an archive, if you want to download a lot of levels in one chunk: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/43603680/levs.7z Some of them aren't in the database.

I'm not aware of anyone designing level not in Custom Lemmings style, so I guess it's safe to assume they are unless it's levels directly from e.g. ONML.

Offline EricLang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »
Great! Thanks! This will be great for testing.
I am aware that there is a database. But I don't think it's easy to connect with it with my own program, or is it?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »
I'm just curious how did the trend of having 10 levels in your set get started?

also; any Christmas levels are not custlem right?

-----------------------
Okay… I don’t know if this is what you’re looking for or not but here are some things that I would think make editing easier;

1- first of all; have selectable hotkeys for everything/everything important anyway. So that every user can set his/her own personal hotkeys

2- have a specific hotkeys or buttons to add terrain/ object/ steel respectively.
-every time you add terrain, the previous selected terrain gets added instead of the first one on the list.
3- undo/redo buttons!

4- if possible, it might be nice to have a feature that automatically adds correctly sized steel to the ‘steel-like terrain’ when it gets added.

and to somehow add steel-like-terrain to the bubble set. I think I could take the steel pieces in rock [for example] and just adjust their color slightly to make it look more suited.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 06:19:33 PM »
It started with CustLemm, where levelpacks with up to 10 levels were supported. I suppose they chose 10 because CustLemm is a hacked version of ONML, which has 5 stages (so 5 levels are accessible without entering codes), but 5 per pack might have seemed too few, so perhaps that's why it was bumped up to 10.
Levels using the Christmas style are supported by CustLemm if you add and rename the respective styles to the CustLemm folder.

Oh, and if we're talking about hotkeys, they should be configurable to boot. :)