Author Topic: Family Feud (Round 15)  (Read 49065 times)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Family Feud
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »
I took that picture into account when I made my guess.  I was betting that a lot of people would vote for Simon and Geoo because their pictures have been posted on the forums.

Also, for question 3, I nearly said bowling.  If I had, there would have been ten unique answers!  I guess it's a good thing I stuck with golf.  :P

Offline Quizmaster

• We have asked 100 people...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 09:46:21 AM »
Round 6 results! 10 people took part in Clamily Feud this time.

Family Feud:

1. Let's start out tame... with Tame! Which is the tamest of the Tame levels?

Tame 1 / Down And Out Lemmings: 10, 1 point (everyone)

2. What colour is a Lemming's hair, if it isn't green?

Blue: 7, 1 point (Insane Steve, ccexplore, Gronkling, Rubix, LemSteven, Akseli, geoo) (alt-colour for permanent skills in Lemmings 2)
Brown: 1, 1/7 point (Clam) (no one else thought of real-life lemmings? ;))
Red: 1, 1/7 point (Simon)
Lime: 1, 1/7 point (Ramon) (technically true, but too "green" for most to dare to guess)

3. Name a non-Lemmings game or series made by the developers of Lemmings.

Grand Theft Auto: 7, 1 point (Clam, Insane Steve, Simon, ccexplore, Ramon, Akseli, geoo)
Menace: 2, 2/7 point (Gronkling, Rubix)
Shadow of the Beast: 1, 1/7 point (LemSteven)

4. You are a lemming at the top of a high, vertical cliff. Which Lemmings 2 skill do you use to get to the bottom safely? To make this exciting, you may not use floater, slider or parachuter.

Hang glider: 2, 1 point (Clam, geoo)
Magno boots: 2, 1 point (Ramon, Akseli)
Ballooner: 1, 1/2 point (Simon)
Superlem: 1, 1/2 point (ccexplore)
Digger: 1, 1/2 point (Gronkling)
Diver: 1, 1/2 point (Rubix)
Jet Pack: 1, 1/2 point (LemSteven)
Screaming at the TV as loudly as I can: 1, 1/2 point (Insane Steve)

A good range of methods here, with varying levels of practicality (immediately go back to fanning?) and survivability.

Non-Family Feud

5. Choose a level from the Fun rating. You team up and play the level co-operatively (via the Lix network, or course) with all other players who choose the same level as you. These levels are insultingly easy, so you reach the minimum save requirement, no more, and nuke the remainder to enjoy the confetti shower. However, after the game, you fight over who saved how many lemmings, and in the end you each take an equal share. Your score is 1/80 times the number of lemmings you claim for yourself.

(Ordered by points value, then level number)
21, 28, 29 (all 48 lemmings): picked once each, 0.6 points (in order: Akseli, Insane Steve, LemSteven)
22 (64 lemmings): picked 2 times, 0.4 points (Gronkling, Rubix)
14 (60 lemmings): picked 2 times, 0.375 points (Clam, Simon)
8 (76 lemmings): picked 3 times = 0.317 points (ccexplore, Ramon, geoo)

Fun 9's 72 lemmings remain unclaimed :)

6. We all fall down! Choose one of the four versions of everyone's favourite Lemmings level:
- Fun (20 lemmings)
- Tricky (40 lemmings)
- Taxing (60 lemmings)
- Mayhem (80 lemmings)
You play the level co-operatively with all the other players who choose the same as you. This level isn't hard, but it requires patience and care. Therefore, if your team contains half or more of the participants in this round, you fall over each other and fail the level horribly, saving no lemmings at all. Otherwise, you save all lemmings and pass the level. Your score is 1/80 times the number of lemmings saved by your team (ie. 1/4 point for Fun, 1/2 for Tricky, 3/4 for Taxing, 1 for Mayhem, zero if you failed).

Mayhem: picked 3 times, 1 point (Ramon, Rubix, geoo)
Taxing: picked 4 times, 0.75 points (Clam, Insane Steve, Simon, Gronkling)
Tricky: picked 3 times, 0.5 points (ccexplore, LemSteven, Akseli)

No level was picked by 5 or more of the 10 players, so everyone gets their points.

7. Onward to Mayhem now. Choose any level from the Mayhem rating. (You may pick We All Fall Down again, again. :P) Once again, you play co-operatively with all other players who choose the same level as you. However, because these levels are harsh and unforgiving, attempting to cooperate is sure to end in failure. If no one else chooses the same level as you, you pass the level, and save exactly the required number of lemmings. Otherwise, you save none. Your score is 1/80 times the number of lemmings you save.

11 (80 lemmings): picked once, 1 point (Ramon)
18 (72 lemmings): picked once, 0.9 points (Clam)
27 (50 lemmings): picked once, 0.625 points (LemSteven)
7 (45 lemmings): picked 2 times, no points (Insane Steve, Rubix)
8 (72 lemmings): picked 3 times, no points (ccexplore, Akseli, geoo)
23 (64 lemmings): picked 2 times, no points (Simon, Gronkling)

Rather unfortunate for the two who unselfishly went for only 45 lems and still had competition :o

8. Lemmings for Presidents! The inhabitants of Lemerica - that's you guys! - are about to vote for your next President. You may vote for the Red lemming or the Blue lemming.

(The Lemerican election happens to fall close to Christmas.)

Lemerica is comprised of three states: the Red state where everyone votes Red, the Blue state where everyone votes Blue, and the Swing state where some vote Red and some Blue. The winner is the candidate who wins the most states, so whoever wins the Swing state, wins the election. (Note: Red and Blue win their home states even if no one votes there.) In case of a tie in the Swing state, the most total votes wins (which means the entrenched state with the most voters).

Choose a state to vote in, and, if you choose the Swing state, choose a candidate to vote for. Voting in the Red state implies a vote for Red, and voting in the Blue state implies a vote for Blue. You score 1 point if your candidate wins, zero if he loses, and half a point in the unlikely case of a tie both in the Swing state and the country as a whole. If you vote in the Swing state, you have more influence over the result, but you are driven insane by the endless campaigning, so your points are halved.

Note: I received two entries that specified a candidate but not a state. I considered these as votes in the Swing state, since this is the only state where you can vote explicitly for a candidate. As it turns out, it doesn't matter as far as who won this round, or even the top half of the rankings.

The votes have been counted, and your new President is the Blue Lemming!
Voted in Swing state for Red: 0
Voted in Swing state for Blue: 3, 1/2 point (Gronkling, Rubix, LemSteven)
Voted in Blue state: 5, 1 point (Clam, Insane Steve, ccexplore, Akseli, geoo)
Voted in Red state: 2, 0 points (Simon, Ramon)

Results for Round 6: (scores to 2dp)
1. geoo, 6.32
2. Clam, 6.17
3. Akseli, 6.10
4. Insane Steve, 5.85
5. Ramon, 5.46
6. ccexplore, 5.32
7. LemSteven, 4.87
8. Rubix, 4.69
9. Gronkling, 4.44
10. Simon, 3.77

A very close round, to be expected given the small fraction of a point for each lemming saved in questions 5 to 7.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 07:43:50 PM »
Blue is the pretty obvious choice imo in question 8 if you pay any attention to American politics -- one of our major parties is represented by the color blue, the other by the color red. Pretty much everyone in the world hates the "red" party for very good reasons.

Fortunately the "blue" party did very well in the real elections this year  :thumbsup:

On the other hand, how does someone else go for 7 in the Mayhem question  :-[

Anyways, I think I'm slated as the Quizmaster next round, and have most of my questions written, but they are on the computer at home and I'm on the netbook now. I'll post them when I get home, probably this night sometime.

EDIT: I also really need to starting being more serious with some of my answers, like on 3 I think I'd have put Superlem as a serious answer; I do that and I get 1st in the round. Ah well, pretty sure I've done my answer far more than that anyways, no regrets whatsoever.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 01:11:05 AM »
Blue is the pretty obvious choice imo in question 8 if you pay any attention to American politics -- one of our major parties is represented by the color blue, the other by the color red. Pretty much everyone in the world hates the "red" party for very good reasons.

That's an interesting theory, now I'm curious how many people actually thought like that when they answered that question, especially with I think more than half the people here not actually from the US.

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 01:39:10 AM »

That was the exact reasoning for picking red. I was waiting to snatch the full point away from the probably numerous blue state people, and hoping someone else would do the same for 1/2 point in the swing state.

-- Simon

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 06:38:28 AM »
That's an interesting theory, now I'm curious how many people actually thought like that when they answered that question, especially with I think more than half the people here not actually from the US.

I don't know about everyone else, but I didn't take politics into consideration at all.  I just went by
the fact that lemmings wear blue shirts, and therefore people would naturally pick blue.

Politically speaking, I'm pretty much fed up with both parties, anyway.

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 03:44:33 AM »
Here have another quiz.

NOTE: I (Steve) will be entering this quiz and have filled out my answers and will not change them.

Family Feud:

1) What skill in Lemmings 1 is it really annoying when a level has a ton of?

2) Overall, what difficulty rating of Oh No, More Lemmings has the most enjoyable levels?

3) What is the best sub-forum of the Lemmings Forums?

4) What is the opposite of hard?

5) Name a word that's plural is spelled exactly the same as its singular form.

6) In your mind, is Pluto still a planet?

7) What member of the board will get last place in this round? (Remember, most popular answer, not most correct.)

Mind Games:

8) Rock, paper, or scissors? Pick a throw to make. You gain 0.3 points for each person you beat, but lose 0.3 points for each person who beats you. You can't lose points here, though.

9) Select an integer between 1-100. You score 0.1 points * the positive difference between your number and the closest number to yours another player selected.

10a) You all have a ghost who, on occasion, taunts you with delicious ghost chips, which you presently can't grab. One day you encounter a wizard who offers to turn you all into ghosts so you can grab some ghost chips. Ghost chips are incredibly delicious, but you do have to share, though. Score 5.0 points divided by the number of players who turned themselves into ghosts.

There is a party later in the day, but ghosts aren't allowed to attend, so you have a bit of a complicated situation to internalize in your head. If you decide to party instead, you'll find chips there too, but they're soggy and not all that delicious, and you still have to share. Gain 2.0 points divided over all people who are not ghosts.

10b) (Only answer if you did not turn yourself into a ghost in part a) When you get to the party, you notice three girls in the corner of the room who catch your eye. YOu decide to go talk to them, but not before taking a few drinks first (for the purposes of this question, pretend you are of age if you are not). Decide how many drinks to take before approaching. The most drunk person will just make a fool of themselves and not get the girl, and any people equally drunk will just look weird and also not get the girls. Of those left, the person who took the most drinks will be the most outgoing and get the best girl (worth 1 point), the next will get the 2nd best (worth 0.6 points), and the next will get the third girl (worth 0.3 points).

11) But really, which member will get last place? Pick a member. Whoever picks last place gets 1 point, whoever picks next to last gets 0.9 points, then 0.8, etc. If you pick someone who has entered at least two earlier rounds who does not enter, you will get 0.5 points. This question will be scored last, and will be based on the scores before this question is scored. So it's possible for there to be a TIME PARADOX here.

Have fun!

*Note, the video question 10 is based off of is here and is recommended viewing for everyone

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 06:38:01 AM »
And awaaaaaaaaaaaay we go! We have 11 entrants this time.

1) What skill in Lemmings 1 is it really annoying when a level has a ton of?

Builder (1 point): 10 - (Insane Steve, Simon, geoo, Rubix, Clam Spammer, Gronkling, möbius, Akseli, LemSteven, ccexplore)
Bomber (1/10 point): 1 - (Ramon)

Pretty good consensus here, but not the most auspicious start for Ramon  :(

2) Overall, what difficulty rating of Oh No, More Lemmings has the most enjoyable levels?

Havoc (1 point): 4 - (geoo, Rubix, Gronkling, Akseli)
Wicked (3/4 point): 3 - (Simon, LemSteven, Ramon)
Crazy (1/2 point): 2 - (Insane Steve, möbius)
Wild (1/4 point): 1 -(ccexplore)
Tame (1/4 point): 1 -(Clam Spammer)

Much bigger spread this time, but it seems that harder is better. Something perhaps to think about for question 4...

3) What is the best sub-forum of the Lemmings Forums?

Lemmings Discussion (1 point): 3 - (Simon, Akseli, LemSteven)
Level Designing (1 point): 3 - (Insane Steve, geoo, Gronkling)
Challenges (2/3 point): 2 - (möbius, Ramon)
Forum Games (2/3 point): 2 - (Clam Spammer, ccexplore)
Off Topic (1/3 point): 1 - (Rubix)

Another pretty spread out set of answers. I wonder how many people answered honestly and who sold out here?

4) What is the opposite of hard?

Easy (1 point): 10 - (Insane Steve, Simon, geoo, Clam Spammer, Gronkling, möbius, Akseli, LemSteven, ccexplore, Ramon)
Soft (1/10 point): 1 - (Rubix)

Not too surprising; this is a forum based on a video game where the word hard is used far more often for difficulty than durability. This may have been a more interesting question on the knitting/fiber arts forum my girlfriend posts on all the time.

5) Name a word that's plural is spelled exactly the same as its singular form.

Fish (1 point): 5 - (Insane Steve, Simon, Rubix, Akseli, LemSteven)
Sheep (4/5 point): 4 - (Clam Spammer, Gronkling, ccexplore, Ramon)
Deer (1/5 point): 1 - (möbius)
Scissors (1/5 point): 1 - (geoo)

Fish and sheep split the top pretty evenly. Unfortunate for geoo that no one read ahead to question 8 before reading this.

6) In your mind, is Pluto still a planet?

Yes (1 point): 7 - (Insane Steve, Rubix, möbius, Akseli, LemSteven, ccexplore, Ramon)
No (4/7 point): 4 - (geoo, Simon, Clam Spammer, Gronkling)

This board consensus is correct fwiw, and all of the jerk scientists are wrong. All of them.

7) What member of the board will get last place in this round? (Remember, most popular answer, not most correct.)

Simon (1 point): 5 - (Insane Steve, Simon, Gronkling, möbius, Akseli (with a :--D after it))
Rubix (2/5 point): 2 - (LemSteven, ccexplore)
möbius (1/5 point): 1 - (geoo)
LemSteven (1/5 point): 1 - (Rubix)
Insane Steve (1/5 point): 1 - (Clam Spammer) :P
Clam Spammer (1/5 point): 1 - (Ramon)

Most people seem to be going off of Simon's last place finish in the last quiz. He did pretty well in the Feud in this quiz, though, so we may all be wrong.

Mind Games:

8) Rock, paper, or scissors? Pick a throw to make. You gain 0.3 points for each person you beat, but lose 0.3 points for each person who beats you. You can't lose points here, though.

Rock (0 points): 1 - (Ramon)
Scissors (2.4 points): 1 - (möbius)
Paper (0 points): 9 - Everyone else

Well, that was... something. I guess everyone thought everyone else was going to throw rock, and thus möbius cleans up by thinking everyone else will think that everyone else will throw rock. Or something. Ramon very lucky that 0 is the worst you can do here.

9) Select an integer between 1-100. You score 0.1 points * the positive difference between your number and the closest number to yours another player selected.

geoo: 1 (0 points)
Ramon: 1 (0 points)
möbius: 12 (0.5 points)
Rubix: 17 (0.1 points)
Insane Steve: 18 (0.1 points)
Akseli: 36 (0.1 points)
LemSteven: 37 (0.1 points)
Simon: 55 (1.8 points)
Clam Spammer: 75 (1.6 points)
ccexplore: 91 (0.9 points)
Gronkling: 100 (0.9 points)

Simon and Clam Spammer the big winners here, picking nice middling numbers that no one else stepped on. Three people go on the extreme ends, with one doing a fair bit better than the others.

10a) You all have a ghost who, on occasion, taunts you with delicious ghost chips, which you presently can't grab. One day you encounter a wizard who offers to turn you all into ghosts so you can grab some ghost chips. Ghost chips are incredibly delicious, but you do have to share, though. Score 5.0 points divided by the number of players who turned themselves into ghosts.

There is a party later in the day, but ghosts aren't allowed to attend, so you have a bit of a complicated situation to internalize in your head. If you decide to party instead, you'll find chips there too, but they're soggy and not all that delicious, and you still have to share. Gain 2.0 points divided over all people who are not ghosts.

Ghosts: (5/9 points): 9 - (Insane Steve, Simon, geoo, Clam Spammer, Gronkling, möbius, Akseli, LemSteven, Ramon)
Partiers: (1 point): 2 - (Rubix, ccexplore)

Looks like quantity wins out over quality here. And it also looks like Rubix and ccexplore aren't going to have much competition for the girls at the party, either...

10b) (Only answer if you did not turn yourself into a ghost in part a) When you get to the party, you notice three girls in the corner of the room who catch your eye. YOu decide to go talk to them, but not before taking a few drinks first (for the purposes of this question, pretend you are of age if you are not). Decide how many drinks to take before approaching. The most drunk person will just make a fool of themselves and not get the girl, and any people equally drunk will just look weird and also not get the girls. Of those left, the person who took the most drinks will be the most outgoing and get the best girl (worth 1 point), the next will get the 2nd best (worth 0.6 points), and the next will get the third girl (worth 0.3 points).

2 drinks (0 points): 2 - (Rubix, ccexplore)

Oh dear, looks like everyone goes home alone tonight. What a shame. Plus, the ghosts will inevitably get more delicious ghost chips in the future. I think möbius put it best:

As a ghost I can haunt the people after the party and make their life miserable

Also, interestingly, one ghost (geoo) put how many drinks they'd have hypothetically if ghosts could drink, and he ALSO put 2. What is it with you people and two drinks?

11) But really, which member will get last place? Pick a member. Whoever picks last place gets 1 point, whoever picks next to last gets 0.9 points, then 0.8, etc. If you pick someone who has entered at least two earlier rounds who does not enter, you will get 0.5 points. This question will be scored last, and will be based on the scores before this question is scored. So it's possible for there to be a TIME PARADOX here.

Scores after round 10, to the nearest 100th of a point:

möbius: 1 + 1/2 + 2/3 + 1 + 1/5 + 1 + 1 + 2.4 + .5 + 5/9 = 8.82
Simon: 1 + 3/4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4/7 + 1 + 0 + 1.8 + 5/9 = 8.68
Gronkling: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4/5 + 4/7 + 1 + 0 + .9 + 5/9 = 7.83
ccexplore: 1 + 1/4 + 2/3 + 1 + 4/5 + 1 + 2/5 + 0 + 1.6 + 1 = 7.72
Akseli: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 +1 + 1 + 0 + .1 + 5/9 = 7.66
Insane Steve: 1 + 1/2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + .1 + 5/9 = 7.16
LemSteven: 1 + 3/4 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2/5 + 0 + .1 + 5/9 = 6.81
Clam Spammer: 1 + 1/4 + 2/3 + 1 + 4/5 + 4/7 + 1/5 + 0 + 1.6 + 5/9 = 6.64
Rubix: 1 + 1 + 1/3 + 1/10 + 1 + 1 + 1/5 + 0 + .1 + 1 = 5.73
geoo: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1/5 + 4/7 + 1/5 + 0 + 0 + 5/9 = 5.53
Ramon: 1/10 + 3/4 + 2/3 + 1 + 4/5 + 1 + 1/5 + 0 + 0 + 5/9 = 5.07

And as for the results of the last question...

möbius: Rubix (0.8 points)
Simon: geoo (0.9 points)
Gronkling: Rubix (0.8 points)
ccexplore: Rubix (0.8 points)
Akseli: Rubix (0.8 points)
Insane Steve: Simon (0.1 points)
LemSteven: Rubix (0.8 points)
Clam Spammer: Gronkling (0.2 points)
Rubix: Gronkling (0.2 points)
geoo: möbius (0 points)
Ramon: Insane Steve (0.5 points)

A rather startling lack of confidence in Rubix. Also funny how people at the top picked better than people at the bottom, for the most part.

Which makes the final standings:

1) möbius: 9.62
2) Simon: 9.58
3) Gronkling: 8.63
4) ccexplore: 8.52
5) Akseli: 8.46
6) LemSteven: 7.61
7) Insane Steve: 7.26
8) Clam Spammer: 6.84
9) Rubix: 5.93
10) Ramon: 5.57
11) geoo: 5.53

So a few people swapped places in the last question. Most importantly, though, if I scored question 11 AGAIN with these result, Simon actually becomes the winner of the entire contest.

SUCCESSFUL TIME PARADOX YESSSSSSSSS

Congratulations möbius (or perhaps Simon?)! Thanks to all for participating.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 07:02:35 AM »
I got thrown under the bus!  :(

gg though, worked out very well.

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 08:20:29 AM »
Welcome all to Family Clam Round 8!

EDIT: Fixed Question 3 image being unavailable for some. Consequently I had to swap the numbers over and change my answer accordingly.

Clam's answers will be entered immediately and will not change (except they already have due to technical reasons. Oh well).

Family Feud questions

1. Name a word ending with the letters 'ough'. (Be careful with spelling!)

2. LET'S LOSE FRIENDS BY BATTLE PLAYING! Which one of the five rules of 2P Lemmings battle-play do you break?
(a) Digging out of the screen
(b) Blocking in obnoxious locations
(c) Pausing in the middle of a battle
(d) Not cooperating on the cooperation levels
(e) Killing the other player's lemmings instead of saving your own

3. The new year approaches, time to get a calendar!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57182300/feudcalendar.png
Which of the adorable guinea pig pictures in this calendar is the cutest?
(edit) Clarification: The panels don't correspond to months in an obvious way, please choose a number (1 to 13) rather than a month.

Family non-feud questions

4. It's Christmas time! Yes, already. Well, whether it is or not is up to you! Choose any day from now (November 15) until Christmas Day (December 25) to put up your Christmas tree. That's 41 dates to choose from. Having a tree up gives you Christmas cheer, so for each day your tree is up you gain 0.1 points (including the day you put it up, and up to and including Christmas Day). However, every person who puts their tree up later than you berates you for starting too soon, causing you to lose 0.4 points. You can't get a negative score though, however badly your Christmas gets ruined.

5. There is another soup kitchen across town from geoo's, open 24 hours, but this one operates differently. The student volunteer chef makes soup at a constant rate of 0.3 litres per hour (0.005 per minute). She chooses this rate to make the maths work out nicely, not to help the starving people (seriously how many bums can you expect to feed at that rate). When you visit, you take however much soup there is at the time and leave. Because it's across town and you bums lack a decent means of transport, you can only visit once between 00:00 and 24:00. Choose a time of day, to the minute, to collect your soup. If multiple bums arrive at the same time, each gets an equal share of the offering. You score 1 point * the amount (in litres) of soup you get.

6. You all enter a dark and scary cave in search of treasure. There isn't any really, but you're not to know that yet :P. The cave is laid out like this:

Whatever path you take, you come across 5 junctions, and at each junction you can turn left or right. What sequence of turns do you take? Because there's no treasure, your only consolation is the shared sense of adventure with your fellow treasure-hunters. After each turn, you gain 0.2 points if you still have company and aren't left on your own, cold and lonely in the deep dark cave.

7. This question refers to itself. How many players (including yourself) will choose the same number as you for this question? You score 1 point if correct, 1/2 if off by 1, 1/3 if off by 2, etc. Answer must be a positive whole number.

8. This question also refers to itself. How many players will choose a different number to you for this question? Scoring as in the previous question. Answer must be a positive whole number.

Scribble your answers on a piece of paper and feed it into the giant clam. Or, alternatively, PM them to Quizmaster.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 09:18:18 AM »
I got thrown under the bus!  :(

;P Blame it on the Quizmaster starting to report everyone's scores and standings starting on round 5.  I wager I'm not the only person who actually reviewed everyone's standings on all previous rounds, and noticed that Rubix never made top 3 ever, and managed to be exactly 3rd from last for both of 2 previous rounds.

And sure enough, he was once again cursed to be 3rd from last on the most recently scored round, both before and after question 11.  Spooky... :o

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »
Dam, so I guess I shouldn't have read from this witches book I found on halloween night.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2012, 11:05:45 PM »
That was a neat round, except for the rock, paper, scissors question. :P I wanted to take scissors there, but I rolled my die and it said to take paper.
Made a bunch of wrong decisions on the questions I was unsure on, so it looks like Simon and me almost changed positions compared to last round. Oh well.
Oh and for the record, in my mind, Pluto never deserved to be a planet in the first place. :P (Was tempted to pick yes to appeal to the majority, but no.)

Next round looks exciting too.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
Rock (0 points): 1 - (Ramon)
Scissors (2.4 points): 1 - (möbius)
Paper (0 points): 9 - Everyone else

:o …I didn’t think about this question at all. What is there to think about, it’s rock paper scissors?

Steve must have read my mind because in the last quiz, for the planet question I was going to answer “Pluto… AND DON’T TELL ME IT’S NOT A PLANET DAMMIT!”

also, I agree it should not have been considered a planet in the first place, as part of the Kuiper belt… but once you declare something; Stand by your word dammit!!!! No matter how wrong it is!! That’s the George Bush logic.

geoo and Simon often predict failure for me....    :D To the victor belong the spoils! :evil:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Quizmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2012, 04:55:19 AM »
Bumping this topic in case anyone hasn't seen Round 8 yet. One day (plus a few hours) to go!