Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 168805 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #675 on: September 14, 2012, 05:02:30 PM »
Final Version of Tick Toxic  I'll guarantee this is unbackroutable!
Difficulty is still about a late taxing map (going from a lemmings1 level point of view)
Thanks for pre-testing the early version again Proxima.
Rubix

I played this level, here is a replay. I'm afraid it may be a backroute since I saved 29/30. However, the extra I saved was simply by exact-to-wall building. (I like that phrase, can I coin that?  :D) But I didn't look at anyone else solutions so Idk.

Still, I really liked this level, It was challenging.  :)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 15, 2012, 04:53:00 AM »
Geez, my guarantees are about as good as ones you get from walmart then.
That's a sick solution dood, but wayyyy harder than the intended one!

So Im not changing the map, if it were a maximum save competition , you have found a super good way of doing that.  AWSOME!   :thumbsup:

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 15, 2012, 05:20:17 AM »
And Geoo topped us both.  He just did 30/30 o_O
edit: Clam comes in with another great 30 solution.

Rubix 28
Mobius 29
Geoo 30
Clam 30

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 22, 2012, 03:28:12 PM »
new level.

I wanted to make a much harder one but it ended up being rather easy. Nothin' new  :-[
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 22, 2012, 03:55:46 PM »
Stop being so down on yourself. It's irritating enough when you just insult yourself; downright annoying when you insult other people who fail to solve your levels. It may seem easy to you because you know the solution, but it's very well hidden and that makes it difficult for new solvers to find. Also, this level is especially tricky because it's trivial to save 34/35, so the player doesn't know whether to keep looking for variants of that method or to try something completely different....

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 22, 2012, 10:00:02 PM »
new level.

I wanted to make a much harder one but it ended up being rather easy. Nothin' new  :-[

Pretty much agree with what Proxima said. This is not an easy level. It's easy to fall into this thinking when you just built a level and thus know the solution - I used to think this about some of my levels, but then I went back to them some months later and struggled to solve them again! :P

Attached a replay.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: December 25, 2012, 11:15:04 AM »
Merry Christmas, everyone!  8) As my present to the forum, I give you the intended solution to "You only get one bash at it". No point in continuing to hang onto it when no-one's working on the set any more. (Though I still hope I'll be able to find time to design a few more levels soon.)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 21, 2013, 02:08:52 AM »
Here's the Lix remix of Brute Fours.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: April 03, 2013, 11:35:39 PM »
Another Cheapo remake. This was originally the third level in the Prelude / Toccata / Finale trilogy; I may have been misled by a comment in the Cheapo Level List game on the old forums. The person reviewing this level called it "definitely harder than Toccata", but after remaking it, I don't think it's as hard as Toccata, so keeping it as the third of the trilogy may be inappropriate. I'd appreciate a second opinion on this.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 06, 2013, 05:13:26 PM »
The Hotel in Hell

[v.5: More fire!]

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 10, 2013, 10:30:03 PM »
I'm inclined to think that Finale is harder than Toccata, maybe just because there's more things that you can try. I don't know, it took me quite a bit to solve (though in my final solution I save 2 more than required).

EDIT: updated Hotel in Hell solution to v2 v3 v4.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 11, 2013, 04:34:43 AM »
v5 solved. Time limit is very tight.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 12, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »
That is just beautiful, no way would I consider taking it out -- even though you take advantage of the brick that wasn't there in the Cheapo version.

Here's my solution.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 22, 2013, 05:06:58 AM »
Ok, I'm in the process of sorting through the levels again. A few questions about some (more to come):

@mobius: Cold Iron's Bound: What's your intended solution, if it isn't hacking a bit of the icicle away with a miner while the builder is building? In the latest version, just building precisely and then using the basher to stop the builder works, it doubt that's intended tough, right?

@ccexplore: Brickout: The latest version of it still hasn't been fixed. Just wondering what to do about this level, have someone fix it, fix it yourself, adapt the solution, allow backroutes, ...
Top Gear: I once slightly redesigned it to make the miner placement easier, are you fine with that version? I remember you didn't like the black borders around the sandstone blocks (the redesign doesn't have them), but for consistency with everything else I'd still like to change the level so everything aligns nicely and the black borders are visible, while using the fine block grid to aid the miner placement.

@Steve: Why is the title name for Rhapsody actually "Rhapsody--"? Intentional, or should I get rid of the minus signs?

@RubiX: The level 'Systematic Separation singlescreen', is singlescreen actually part of the title, or just because the level is singlescreen?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 23, 2013, 03:16:06 AM »
@mobius: Cold Iron's Bound: What's your intended solution, if it isn't hacking a bit of the icicle away with a miner while the builder is building? In the latest version, just building precisely and then using the basher to stop the builder works, it doubt that's intended tough, right?

The first one there is the intended. However; as I have now changed my taste in level design and I'm pretty much against precision levels like this; I'd suggest removing this and all my other levels like it
(Torture Chamber, that one's really bad)
But this isn't my call so you can do whatever you want. I don't have any time to work on this at all, sorry.

-Hakuin Ekaku