Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 3839 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Christmas
« on: November 18, 2011, 01:03:26 PM »
Hey folks!

Quick Q: Would you guys appreciate a Christmas theme for the forums during the month of December? If you would, I'd better get to work on it. If not, I can leave it the way it is!

Any ideas/suggestions for Xmas stuffs would be appreciated too.

Thanks =)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:38:48 AM »
Well of course I'd say 'yes', but I really have no idea what you'd do for a theme besides the obvious - change the colour scheme, sprinkle Xmas Lemmings sprites and/or generic Christmas decorations around the place. Still, it would be nice to see :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
Doesn't have to be an elaborate theme, if any. I'm fine with or without.

However, it is every user's duty to use a holiday-themed version of their avatar!

-- Simon

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 09:04:07 AM »
I'm fine either way too.
If you got some nice idea and enjoy doing it, then sure, it'd be interesting to see what you come up with.
If it's just additional work for you though, then there's not much of a point in doing it.

Anyway, I followed Simon's call to use a holiday themed avatar. :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
SPECIAL OFFER *** LIMITED TIME *** VALUE PRICED *** SPECIAL OFFER

I will draw santa hats on your avatar! Post here and I will see what can be done. Examples of this craftsmanship:

-- Simon

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 04:00:40 PM »
Hey folks!

Got a style in the making, but I've been working stupid hours, and just come down with tonsillitis, so I've not had a chance to get it up, yet. Gonna try and put it up on 13st, for a 12 days of Xmas thingy.

:)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 04:28:11 PM »
12 days of xmas is after the 25th not before.

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
I know, Finlay, but it'd be nice to have some symmetry! :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 11:34:06 PM »
I will draw santa hats on your avatar! Post here and I will see what can be done. Examples of this craftsmanship:

Haha, looks rather like someone confused this holiday with Halloween. ;P Talk about cheap costumes. :D

(Okay, to be fair, the Sega one is kinda alright.
......But, does anyone ever put candles up on a tree?  Isn't that a fire waiting to happen? :o)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 11:38:04 PM »
Actually, here's an interesting question for Clam:  seeing as it is that the seasons are reversed on your half of the planet, do people still use the same kinds of images for Xmas-related scenes?  Snow certainly would look a little silly.  I guess the Xmas tree would still work though since usually they are evergreen and therefore should look the same in summer?  Love to see some examples of what Australian Xmas cards look like. ;)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 04:02:07 AM »

That's... creepy. It looks to me like some kind of evil clown-clam :scared:. And besides, it doesn't suit my need for a looping lemming-munching animation ;). I've made a first attempt at something more appropriate (if predictable) - I might get pixel-artsy and recolour the trapped lemming at some point (edit: done :D)
(edit2: now with snow! :D)

Actually, here's an interesting question for Clam:  seeing as it is that the seasons are reversed on your half of the planet, do people still use the same kinds of images for Xmas-related scenes?
It's a bit of a mish-mash actually. We still get the traditional stuff like snow, trees, angels, etc, but there's also summery stuff thrown in like beaches, barbecues and jandals, plus some native flora and fauna. A google image search for 'kiwi christmas' should give you an idea of some of the unique stuff we get here.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 05:17:06 AM »
Hey folks!

Got a style in the making, but I've been working stupid hours, and just come down with tonsillitis, so I've not had a chance to get it up, yet. Gonna try and put it up on 13st, for a 12 days of Xmas thingy.

:)

Any progress on this? Even if it doesn't happen, I'd love to see some more xmas-themed avatars. :)