Author Topic: Lemmings 3D Stuff  (Read 3700 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Lemmings 3D Stuff
« on: June 23, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »
Hello guys!

I was wondering if there's a way to rip off or extract the data files of Lemmings 3D. Gfx files seem to be raw images as we can clearly see each pixel of them through a hex editor (for example, I could have recognized a fence or the frames of mud texture...). Palette files format are very easy to figure out through a hex editor. Sound files are unsigned 8-bit raw audio files. It would be nice if actually, there's a way to include the audio data into wav files...

I only ripped the music so far, but only by using Dosbox MIDI ripper.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to "read" these files so that we could rip/extract the sprites, textures and sound effects of the game, especially when they aren't compressed. Does anybody know a program which would allow that or could find a way to actually read those files?

The only remaining thing would be to figure out what's the file format of level files, once they're uncompressed.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings 3D Stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 01:40:36 PM »
I did a bit of work on that a while back, using Winterland demo (which has the levels uncompressed). Not sure where, if anywhere, you can find the info anymore though. PSX version also has uncompressed levels.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »
Nobody else? :(

Does anybody have the original CD of the game so that an image disk file could be made? I'd be interested to get it please.

Offline twinklestarmate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 04:28:01 PM »
I have the original disk image of the game. Let me take a bit of time to upload it to 4shared...

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:30:33 PM »
I have the playstation version. Might be possible to make a disk image of that if you want...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
Both would be fine.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 01:15:58 AM »
I'll let the other guy do it. Ask again in a couple of days if he hasn't coughed up and I'll see if I can do something about it. As I said in the other thread I'm going away for a couple of days and am now procrastinating about packing... at 1 in the morning. :-[

Offline twinklestarmate

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 04:52:16 AM »
I'm giving it a shot at uploading the DOS version to my 4shared account. I'll post the links when I'm ready.

Offline twinklestarmate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 05:49:52 AM »
40% uploaded as of now. Final size in RAR is 320MB.

EDIT: Getting closer - 90% uploaded...
EDIT2: Done upload! Link is below.

3D Lemmings v1.13 / 26/07/95 17:23:11 / CD-ROM / IBM PC MS-DOS

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 03:05:40 PM »
Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

And finlay, don't worry, I downloaded an image disk of the PSX version elsewhere. And now, with a nice utility, I can easily rip the graphics I need, even though it still requires some work.