Author Topic: ClamLix  (Read 90834 times)

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
Re: ClamLix
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2017, 09:08:18 PM »
Thanks geoo for providing this.

I've checked the Flingsane replays which I can fast verify with 0.9.2 and following work:

another-pick-in-the-wall-geoo.txt
coming-unstuck-geoo.txt
falling-forever-geoo.txt
skyline-skydiving-geoo.txt
two-bridges-too-far-geoo.txt

So we have a working replay for "Another Pick in the Wall" as well.

The other ones seem to be in the old format (apart from the TameLix stuff) and I have to look through if there is a replay to a level where there is no coverage.
I can look into the broken replays of "Fling me" and "Set fire to the rain" as well. Maybe it's repairable.

I have a version 0.6.x of Lix, so I can look into levels with old oriental tileset. I have only put that behind to first cover the levels that are actually playable in 0.9.x because the broken levels need extra repair work and not only coverage.

I have deliberately not dealt with TameLix since it's a remake of original levels and I don't know if we want to put that in the package or treat that better as something extra.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2017, 10:57:47 PM »
I messed around with geoo's replays to "Square Squabble", which are unfortunately quite desynched if I manually change them to the new format. But that helped me nevertheless in finding a solution for that level. It is quite hackish at one point though.

Edit: I managed to transform and repair geoo's solution to "Nothing to lose" and attached it. (I hope this time the right one.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:38:04 AM by Forestidia86 »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2017, 02:59:45 AM »
I messed around with geoo's replays to "Square Squabble", which are unfortunately quite desynched if I manually change them to the new format. But that helped me nevertheless in finding a solution for that level. It is quite hackish at one point though.

Edit: I managed to transform and repair geoo's solution to "Nothing to lose" and attached it. (I hope this time the right one.)

this is a backroute to Square Squabble*. I think I have some ideas on how to fix it and will try in the coming days. ...Maybe I will look at the other replays for other backroutes.

*I know this because before he left, Clam sent me solutions to all his old Lemmix levels; and the old Lemmix level this is based on, "Square route of Lemming" has a similar solution to what I found for this. I'm pretty confident my solution is close to intended.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2017, 03:13:04 AM »
Yeah, I thought it had a quite hackish assignment.
It would be really good if someone checked my replays.
Maybe post your solution for the coverage.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:36:26 AM by Forestidia86 »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2017, 04:17:21 AM »
The replay format changed in August 2015. You've already understood both formats: Pre-2015 wrote skill button presses in the panel to replays, and didn't record skill info per assignment. Post-2015 ignores skill button presses, and instead records the skill per assignment.

C++ Lix 2016-06-02 can read both formats. It has other physics than D Lix 0.9, therefore it's mostly useful to look at solutions, rather than to convert replays to post-2015. If you still want to convert to post-2015, consult doc/readme.txt for the dangerous switch --convert-and-overwrite.

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2017, 01:00:15 PM »
Thanks, I looked at geoo's replay to "Pick me up" there. Unfortunately already desynched but gave me nevertheless the right hint what to do.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have attached the solution. Were a lot of tricks in it I didn't know.

Edit: I have a solution for "Set Fire to the Rain" with the help of geoo's replay, which gave me the hint what I was missing in my solution.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 01:35:15 PM by Forestidia86 »

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »
an attempted fix to Square Squabble:

@ Simon: is it possible on current version to watch a replay be done on another level? The purpose of which of course is to fix a level; then watch the replay happen on it to see if it will work or fail or not? NL can do this and it's quite useful.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
If you want to look right now I personally only know a convoluted way:
Copying the level file information of the new level over the level file information in the replay.
But maybe there is a better way.

(My replay fails by the way in your fix.  I don't know for sure about variants.)

Edit: It seems you can just change the file name in the replay to the new level name and use pointedTo in the replay menu.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:29:15 PM by Forestidia86 »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2017, 03:19:41 PM »
on current version to watch a replay be done on another level?

Yes, via command line:
lix levels/path/to/your/level.txt replays/path/to/your/replay.txt

Alternatively, edit the line $FILENAME in a replay, or use Forestidia's method to copy the desired level over the replay's target level. Both methods require you to change data, which is bad.

Not possible from the GUI. Better level<->replay support in the GUI is long-term enhancement idea.

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2017, 05:39:02 PM »
Maybe an update post since a couple of new levels have some coverage now:

1st: Missing a replay (of the playable levels) are:

Flingsane:
16 - "Fling Me" (Looks very convoluted to perform.)

Outtakes:
8 - "Chaos Theory" (Looks very finicky to perform.)
17 - "Just drop in" (I managed to solve it with variable SI in the old version but the solution was very precise. I don't know if it is solvable without variable SI.)

The Insane level 19 -  "Square Squabble" has gotten a fix against my backroute by mobius in reply #126. The new version has no replay in this thread as far as I know but I'm sure mobius has one.

2nd: Probably non-solvable levels in current state and version:

Outtakes:
12 - "Fill the Floor"
16 - "Interval Training"
Reply #93 by Clam indicates that they relied on variable SI.

Arcane:
17 - "Death Slide" (I tried to solve it in the older version but still have no clue what to do.)
According to Proxima in reply #130 it is not solvable in the current version.

3rd: Levels that got pointless due to reliance on time limit:

Flingsane 3 - "Skyline Skydiving"
Outtakes 23 - "Time is Running Out"

You can beat these levels and save all lix without doing anything.

4th: Levels that show missing terrain and have no fix (afaik):

Flingsane 9 - "The Great Wall of Lix"
Outtakes 1-3 - "Abridged Inversion" and "Abridged Version" in two versions
Outtakes 18 - "Korean Border Crossing"

All contain the old oriental tileset.

Of course feel free to cover levels that have already a replay since it is not excluded that the existing replays have backroutes or the solution can be done cleaner or better.

For example: My solution to Arcane 6 - "Flower Towers" is very clumsy since I was still trying around or my solution to Arcane 13 - "Builders Without Borders" has a very hackish move at the end, though I think it is generally in the spirit of the intended one and so on.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 10:24:14 PM by Forestidia86 »

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2017, 06:55:06 PM »
Death Slide indeed won't work in D Lix. Perhaps the simplest way to salvage it is to add 2 climbers? That might give too much of a hint though.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:11:54 PM by Proxima »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2017, 08:48:18 PM »
I have looked into repairing the levels with old oriental tileset.
The problem are there the bridge tiles:

1st The old tiles seem to have been much bigger than the new ones.
2nd Even if I try to build a big tile out of the small ones the problem is that the angled tiles seem to have another angle old versus new. I don't know if you can finetune this in the editor.

I have attached a comparison picture for "Abridged Inversion" (comparision1.png) concerning that form left to right:
1st The original level with old tileset.
2nd The merely via text edit coverted version.
3rd  A version with combined new bridge tiles to form one big tile (included via text edit).

Maybe that can be smoothened out in the editor but I'm too inexperienced to assess and perform that.

The Flingsane "Great Wall of Lix" level on the other side seems to be easier repairable. I have attached an comparision picture for that as well (comparision2.png):

1st The original level with old tileset.
2nd The merely via text edit coverted version.
3rd The via ingame editor adjusted version (, which should work).

I can't exclude that I made mistakes with the conversion since I was not very thorough.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2017, 04:53:56 AM »
Looks good! The shifted simon/oriental bridges generate interesting hollow spaces, much like the complex bridge tiles in matt/oriental. The exact angle is negligible, interesting patterns are important.

Thanks for the table of solvability, it shows great progress.

Please post your adaptions of the oriental levels. I'd like to collect everything from the thread and package ClamLix as a separate download, and update the proof collection. My goal is to allow everybody to work from a reference point towards 100 % coverage.

Before any publishing in the standard Lix download, someone should go over your replays to judge backroutes. I'll do it if nobody else steps forward to.

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2017, 06:37:23 AM »
I have attached the redone oriental levels. Furthermore an attempted fix to "Shopping Cart Race" is included.
I have solving replays for the new "Shopping Cart Race" and the new "Great Wall of Lix" included as well.
I haven't tested the bridge levels at all. I have two variants included for them: One with big angled tiles as in the picture, which used the old tiles as pattern, and one with slightly changed big angled tiles that fit better to the straight tiles.
One "problem" concerning "Great Wall of Lix":
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2017, 01:15:02 AM »
For better accessibility I tried to collect all the replays across the thread that I found working apart from the Humane ones since they are already in the proof collection. I hope mobius, Proxima, Nepster and geoo are ok with that.
I tried to put them in their respective rank folder. I included the no-trampoline variant replays. Some could have a different rank path since stuff was moved (Nepster's learn-to-fly-Nepster_2.txt refers to Flingsane but the level was moved to Outtakes, the no-trampoline variants are solved outside of a rank folder) .

There are three namings of the main folder in the replay files (afaik):
Clam
ClamLix
ClamLix-master

I hope I didn't forget, overlooked or missordered a replay.

Edit: Removed one replay in the attachment.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 07:01:21 PM by Forestidia86 »