Author Topic: new Graphics sets for L++/Lix  (Read 9829 times)

Offline Matt

• View Profile
Re: new Graphics sets for L++/Lix
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 07:06:48 AM »
.....it may be helpful to include some stuff unique to daytime and nighttime versions (eg. sun for daytime, moon for nighttime, maybe a bonfire for nighttime, etc.)

As RubiX said, there's already a sun.  I'll work on a moon shortly.  I just made a bonfire, and I put it in the same place as the sun, which is at:
lix\bitmap\Rebuilds\04 - Sandy Beach\Sand Decor.
(EDIT: made moon as well, and put it in the same place.)
(also committed and pushed it to the master branch of the git repository, so it, and all the other graphics, are there.)

Sorry but that Underworlds exit looks scary  :scared:

It's the Underworld.  It's supposed to be scary.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »
The resolution problems of the screenshots are due to Lix being too dumb atm to support anything other than 640 x 480, and Rubix runs the game in stretched scaling mode rather than integer-multiplication scaling.

-- Simon

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 10:15:48 AM »
I looked at your MCTEXT1.zip file, and there are a few issues with it:
1) files are in *.png format.  The standard format for in-game graphics is *.bmp,
2) those images are way too small to be useable on a major scale.  What I mean is, there would have to be a very large amount of objects, to even cover the smallest level size.

Also, I'm actually not sure if copyright would even be an issue with them, since, they all look so general, that it seems like anyone could have made them.  Even my 5-year old nephew could have drawn up something so simplistic.

Online GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 11:02:40 PM »
Okay The 2nd release will be here shortly