Author Topic: MOST POWERFUL!!!1  (Read 2607 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
MOST POWERFUL!!!1
« on: December 24, 2010, 05:34:22 AM »
So, now that the school year is over and I managed to somehow pass all my courses despite about 1/10th the work the professors probably expected would be required for a passing mark, I have decided to take my talents in game design and complete lack of talents in artistic ability and make a game using a pre-made engine. I redownloaded RPGMaker and am planning to make a game out of it.

...there's a catch, though. A very interesting twist. During my intense last couple of weeks in college, I discovered this Youtube account. One of his pet projects is to encourage people to make terrible, terrible, RPGs and watch him play them, blind. My personal favorites, and based on the views, the viewers', are in order, Ketchup (the true inspiration for what I'm doing), and Gulpy Gulpy (pretty sure posting a link would violate this site's NSFW rules, so just Youtube search it if you can handle it.

As would be expected, the Muse of terrible gaming forced herself on me a couple days ago. The bastard child: MOST POWERFUL!!!1 -- an intentionally horrible RPG purposefully designed to be awful in every way possible. I plan to send this to Draikyth when it is finished and hope I can get a review in the next 2 years or so (lol WoW), but in the meantime when it is done I will post it here and all the people willing to view a project with mature themes that is a disaster in every sense can try it out. If you played Yoshi's World: the Game!, you'll see what kinds of humor I'm incorporating, but in a somewhat more "mature" sense, and with "Game Over" screens everywhere, instead of only after you press the lead to do something truly stupid..

As the demo ends in a month, I'll post the "finished" version here when it's done. Again, it is "M" (17+) rated, and will likely not be suitable for people of sensitive disposition (if I have to, wrt forum rules, I'll just ask for PMs from people who want it).

But yea, that's my current project. If my work is actually reviewed by the terrible game reviewer, I'll post that here as well.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: MOST POWERFUL!!!1
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 11:08:04 PM »
Heh. I loathe role playing games, so be sure to show it to me later. :D

-- Simon

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:40:45 AM »
It's a bit less of an RPG and a bit more "how many times you can take getting kicked in the balls", but there are some RPG elements. That said, it'll probably only take about 1-2 hours to beat instead of 100-200.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 09:45:48 PM »
So I was putting files back on my computer a while back and realised that this was a lot closer to being done than I thought at first. So a couple days work later, and I have a near-finished... thing. Actually it can be beaten now, there's just more crap I want to throw on it before it's done. So yea.

EDIT: This is done for all intents and purposes. Turned out a bit differently than I though, but still in the same vein. Not going to post a direct dl link because it's not really family friendly.

Also it's intentionally designed to be horribly designed and hard, remember that. And save a lot.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano