Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170804 times)

Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #450 on: May 03, 2005, 02:13:07 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1089162351/435#445 date=1115048172
I really wish there were Cheapo styles with the ONML musics though....... they're great!

Is it a problem of the music not yet having been sequenced, or just that the MIDIs already exist but there is no way to incorporate them into the existing styles?

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 03, 2005, 02:22:12 PM »
Just finished "Come on over to my place". Sending now.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 03, 2005, 04:13:48 PM »
Thank you very much!  :D

I've had to do a slight bit of editing, but that one's finished now. And so is "Turn around and look". There are just three more inclusion possibilities, but I'm not actually sure which of them will end up being included.

Expect the set to be ready for release TOMORROW!!!

- - -

guest: re your question, I just don't know. I'll make a separate topic about it....

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 05, 2005, 11:30:41 PM »
Ok, the notebook has been updated somewhat, with the following revisions:

Back-routes removed in many levels of the first three sets.

"Tribute to Benny Hill" and "The Lobby" have essentially swapped places. The former has also been changed drastically.

Two additional levels in the "Hopeless" set: one a LemEdit re-make, the other no one's seen before and uses a (I think) semi-original trick.

Download HERE.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

« Reply #454 on: May 06, 2005, 03:09:58 AM »
Well if you put it this way, I have gotta check out the level.  I haven't keep track of your previous versions of the set, so which is the level with the "semi-original" trick?  Thanks.   B)

This reminds me:  I kinda forgotten about your Mon0lith level.  I suppose at this point I'll just give up and read that e-mail with the solution (yep, I still haven't read it yet); I founded enough backroutes back so they make up for my peeking now.  ;)

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 06, 2005, 03:30:41 AM »
Don't worry about The Mon0lith -- the back-routes that may exist are probably harder to do than the intended solution, and you helped quite a bit with the level. Thank you.

The "semi-original" trick is in the level "The Top Shelf" -- it will be Hopeless 25 when all is said and done -- the exact placement of the level it was meant to replace. The original level was, to me at the time, my most brilliant idea ever, the problem being that it didn't work with the Lemmings physics and I couldn't figure out how to iplement the idea until now.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

« Reply #456 on: May 06, 2005, 04:15:45 AM »
Well, I think I know what the trick is, but it looks to be a royal pain to execute......

« Reply #457 on: May 06, 2005, 04:32:13 AM »
As it turns it isn't too bad after all.  Took a few retries as expected but I've now solved your level.  And actually it wouldn't have been too bad to do in Custlemm either even though it has no replay feature.  But you said the trick doesn't work there?  That's too bad, oh well.

"Semi-original" certainly describes the trick dead-on.

And like any good levels, your level actually led me to conceive of a totally different trick that I might use in my levels someday.  (Don't worry, the trick won't work in your level, so there is no backroute.)

Anyway, neat level, a nice one for the brain and eye.  B)

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 08, 2005, 06:56:28 PM »
Actually, the original level design was nothing like the one I used for The Top Shelf. The problem was, the original level used the trick in a way that wouldn't work on CustLemm or Cheapo. I finally figured out how implement it in a level.

Considering the way you described your solution, I'm almost certain you found the intended solution. I'm also fairly sure there's no backroutes to the level.

I just spent something like an hour and a half and about 4 different level designs to finally get a certain different trick I just thought of to work in a level. Granted, the level isn't quite as hard as I'd have liked, but I'm just glad I finally put it into a level.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 09, 2005, 07:46:56 PM »
I just played "Not much to this one". Naturally, I found it rather easy because one of my own levels uses the same trick. I haven't solved any other hopeless levels though  :-(

drumnbach

« Reply #460 on: May 13, 2005, 03:15:36 PM »
I've uploaded my first Cheapo Level Pack. Please download my set and destroy my levels with all manner of backroutes.

Download from:
http://www.freewebs.com/toadontheroad

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #461 on: May 13, 2005, 08:42:57 PM »
Ah. I take it you got fed up waiting for me to make a level to donate to your pack, then.  :)

drumnbach

« Reply #462 on: May 14, 2005, 12:04:22 AM »
What's with that expressionless lemming emoticon? Is there an online poker thread nearby or something? :)

Come on you lot, these lemmings levels are getting cold.

« Reply #463 on: May 14, 2005, 12:12:10 AM »
Quote from: drumnbach  link=1089162351/450#462 date=1116029062
What's with that expressionless lemming emoticon? Is there an online poker thread nearby or something? :)

I think the smile fell off the lemming's face when he realized someone just hit the 'nuke' button.  :)

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 14, 2005, 08:49:34 AM »
I don't have the right style for the dirt-looking levels........