Author Topic: Lemmings PSP/PS2 Music - Listen Here!  (Read 5685 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings PSP/PS2 Music - Listen Here!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 12:31:03 AM »
I prefer the music in the PSP Lemmings over the SNES ones. Earth 3 is my favorite one in the game. I was surprised too when I found out that the music are different from the SNES Lemmings. I got use to the music of the PSP Lemmings after playing it. Why not try playing it first? That way you can experience how the music really fits the gameplay. I'm not saying the music is better because of orchestration, the way the PSP music sounds suits me more. 
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 01:53:18 AM »
Why not try playing it first? That way you can experience how the music really fits the gameplay.

Haha, nice try, but if I hadn't bought a PSP for PSP Lemmings back when it first came out, I certainly am not going to spend money on it now for questionable music, not to mention that Sony has even stopped supporting some of the original features like level editing and online sharing of custom levels. :-\

In any case, when I get in the zone with these sort of games and levels, I tune out the music anyway in my mind.  So it might actually be the case that the overly ambient, unmelodic music of the PSP could be better due to being more easily tuned out. ;P

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 01:40:54 AM »
I think you really have to play the game with the music to like it. When you're playing, it all just makes sense. The music is just a backdrop, not something at the forefront.
And it really fits with the redesigned styles.

It's really nice.
But you have to have played it. Imagining it doesn't work.
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 05:04:57 AM »
I think you really have to play the game with the music to like it. When you're playing, it all just makes sense. The music is just a backdrop, not something at the forefront.
And it really fits with the redesigned styles.

It's really nice.
But you have to have played it. Imagining it doesn't work.

You do need to play it to like it. That Earth 3 really fits that brown theme level that looks like a desert. People are stuck in the past Lemmings music.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 06:55:33 AM »
Yeah. And while the old music is great and everything, something would be hugely offputting about those fabulous redesigned graphics and ... "How Much Is That Doggy In The Window?" - no, it just doesn't bond.
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!