Author Topic: PSP Lemmings seems to be getting some support again  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
PSP Lemmings seems to be getting some support again
« on: November 06, 2009, 11:28:13 PM »
So I got a PSP semi-recently, and I bought Lemmings for it about two weeks ago.  (It's quite good; I'm really enjoying it)

Today I noticed that Lemmings has been added to the PSN store so it can be downloaded to the PSP or PSP Go.  That's a good sign; Sony hasn't forgotten about it!
The bad thing?  Unfortunately I'm guessing online was taken out of this downloadable version or something because I tried to get online with it using my UMD copy with hopes that they'd brought the servers back online, but the servers are still gone just like they have been for a while.  :(  If anyone downloads it, I'd like to know what they did.

Also, there's now a free Lemmings theme that was added a few days ago.  It's a very nice theme-- one of the best I've seen on the PSP.  I don't remember seeing that before, so I guess it was made recently!

Pretty cool to see that Lemmings is being acknowledged again.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: PSP Lemmings seems to be getting some support again
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 12:27:44 AM »
Also, there's now a free Lemmings theme that was added a few days ago.  It's a very nice theme-- one of the best I've seen on the PSP.

Any chance we can see some screenshots or photos of the theme, for those of us w/o PSPs?

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 01:23:56 AM »
Sure, except that these offscreen shots are all I can get since I don't have a hacked PSP that I can take screenshots from.

It has quite a lot of personality!

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
The first custom levels I ever made were on PS2 (not PSP) Lemmings... I think it's the same version actually. Even though I'm quite a traditionalist, I did like the visual style of it - and the PS3 version too. It's surprising that there's still support for it. I thought Sony had abandoned that. They're quite good at establishing communities, and then abandoning them.  :P
My projects:

Lemmings in Weirdyland (NeoLemmix):
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6135.0

My levels for Lemmings 2 The Tribes can be found here:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=990.0

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 11:05:40 PM »
  ...The 'internet browser' icon is probably the best parody of the Firefox logo I have seen in my life.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:27:21 PM »
My PSP uses this theme but with a different background. My PS3 avater is also Lemmings.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.