Author Topic: Oh No! More Lemmings - Level Reviews  (Read 51470 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings - Level Reviews
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2012, 01:36:55 AM »
That's another thing. The design of ONML is definitely less diverse than OL.
For some reason I've never disliked Higgledy Piggledy like everybody else does. Granted, I think it's fairly easy and straightforward but there was nothing about it I really hated. Verses 'Meeting Adjourned' and Almost Nearly Virtual Reality and all the numerous brick levels that all look the same. Maybe that's why>> A lot of the levels in ONML look very similar and are hard to tell apart (especially when playing the drawing game in IRC  ;P).
-------
I personally  haven't continued with the Genesis level review because so far I'm still stuck on the next level :XD:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2012, 10:41:50 AM »
The other thing about ONML is that there are no long levels -- I think I'm right that the highest time limit used is 4 minutes?

Only three levels give more than that, and just one ('Have an ice day', 6 minutes) is likely to take more than 4 minutes to solve normally.
(The others are 'pop til you drop' [8] and 'look before you leap' [7].)

Now that the game is finished, I guess that means anyone can go back and review any level? Or, maybe we could review the game as a whole :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2012, 06:04:40 PM »
Certainly, feel free to do either of those  8)

Hmm.... looking back on the levels that were reviewed during my hiatus from the forum (Crazy 16 -- Wicked 19) there's one in particular for which my opinion is very different from that of the first reviewer:

Wild 19: Lemmingdelica

80 lemmings
Save 81% (65)
Release rate 1
4 minutes

2 climbers, 1 floater, 4 blockers, 30 builders, 2 bashers

Good: One of the few ONML levels that's always great fun to play one more time, because of the chaotic building and stopping all the gaps between the platforms. Sure, you can block, but the absence of bombers deliberately discourages this. No dig pits, either.
Bad: Once you've got the crowd contained and the hero lemming isolated, the second half is less fun; in particular, judging the bridge to strike the green column high enough but not too high can be slightly frustrating.