Author Topic: Custom Level Review Game  (Read 76909 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Level Review Game
« Reply #240 on: December 25, 2012, 08:53:10 PM »
oh... hmm. Mental process; Are you sure you have the right level? If so, then I guess I back-routed that level.  :-\ makes me really curious as to how this trick fits in.  ???
ISteve07, level 8. Are you saying that you didn't need bridge built from two directions? :P

no, at least not in anything like this trick we’re talking about here; [two lemmings building toward each other] Unless I'm just misunderstanding.
I had one come down the narrow shaft, turn around and build left all the way to the wall, then build up to the top arrows and bash.… [the hard part, I thought, was figuring out you need to have two lemmings fall down close to each other and sacrifice one to the trap]

Yep, pixel precise skill assignment has to be done three times. Did you realise to use replaying to make the whole execution easier?

yeah I just get frustrated easily. Maybe I'll still solve it someday but I didn't want to hold up the review because of it.
I'll be playing the last level today, and hopefully I'll solve it sometime soon. :)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2013, 11:30:25 PM »
Haha, my mistake! It's really possible to solve in your way, möbius, so you don't need to build from two directions. I wonder which might be the intended solution for Mental Process, then. :P

But maybe enough of that now, if nobody wants to review the last level, I'll do it gladly. However, I've reviewed already 5 levels of this pack, so if somebody wants to review the level 10, just let me know within about next two weeks. After that I'll review it myself. =)

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »
Gronklems #5 - Level 10 - The Giant's Leap

Lemmings: 30
Save: 29 (96%)
Release rate: 99
Time: 1 minute
Skills: 1 of each

Good: Fits well in its place as the 10th level in this pack. 1-of-each-skill level, every skill has to be used, and this level is designed so that it is not ridiculously hard, as the trick itself usually is...

Bad: It may take a few attempts after discovering the solution, but I don't know how this level could be improved, so!

That's it! :D Thanks for the other guys who joined this. I'm really fond of reviewing any pack, so anyone can suggest packs here anytime. :)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2013, 05:29:44 PM »
Thank you for the review. :)

Let's review DOVELEMS!. It'll take a long time though so maybe a new topic should be made.

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »
Straight to my favourite levelset! :thumbsup: Hmm, maybe we should wait that more people will be familiar with that pack? And, I don't know how many still would join this due to lack of interest in Lemmini. :I If we'll do this, I agree that it would need a new topic, because 125 levels will take some time to review, and it would disturb possible other reviews in this topic.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2013, 03:50:11 AM »
I can review some of Dovelems, I've played a little of it. [Actually I found (I think) a backroute in one already  :XD: ]

sorry for neglecting to review a level I planed on. I got into other things and didn't have time to play. (Of course at any time anybody else inclined could have reviewed as well...)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Level Review Game; New Pack! Grent01
« Reply #246 on: December 05, 2014, 02:06:07 AM »
this pack can be found here: http://lemmings-db.camanis.net/levelpack/ag1zfmxlbW1pbmdzLWRichYLEglMZXZlbFBhY2sYgICAgL-vgAoM/

Grent01: a new pack which was uploaded this year, back in September by someone who to my knowledge hasn't posted on the forum. Akseli recommended this pack to me and I found it quite interesting. I'd like to consider some of these for Revenge of the Lemmings. So why not do a review? :D
note: I have only solved two levels so far.

1. Lemming Sold Separately

Lems: 50
Save: 50
RR: 70
Time: 5

skills; climb 1, block 1, build 7, bash 2, mine 2

Good: The design is excellent, reminiscent of Dovelems or PimoLems. There are some artistic tricks which may have become classic [I've used them recently in my pack and stole them from Dodochacalo and Pieuw :P ]

The solution is also really nice. It has that classic feel of a simple path that should be easy, until you realize there's one little problem that makes the level seem impossible, until you realize the trick is actually quite simple. It's well hidden in the somewhat complex terrain

Bad: The green acid pools overlapping are a little messing (but no way around this?). Every bridge placement has been calculated to be exact (which is pretty much necessary to avoid backroutes) but this can be a tad annoying.

-Hakuin Ekaku