Author Topic: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.26n-C | Editor: V1.26n-B)  (Read 125063 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.23n-B | Editor: V1.23n-A)
« Reply #390 on: October 09, 2014, 11:21:59 PM »
Z/X is implemented.

I've soso discovered a memory leak that can occur if too many levels are played during one run of the app (about 90 levels triggers it), I've traced which unit it occurs in but have yet to actually fix it. (Its possible it relates to code I've added since the last update  though.)

EDIT: No, it doesn't relate to new code, so be aware of it in existing versions (though it should only happen at the start of or inbetween levels, not during one, so you're unlikely to lose any progress). However, it'll be fixed in the new update.

I've also now added the "save all images" option.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix (Player: V1.23n-C | Editor: V1.23n-A)
« Reply #391 on: October 10, 2014, 03:20:26 AM »
Okay, here's the update!

NeoLemmix V1.23n-C
------------------------------
*  Z/X can now be used to select skills.
*  There is now an option whether to hard-oddtable levels (ie: copy the target
   level) or soft-oddtable them (ie: save a level that uses oddtabling) when
   dumping levels.
*  Fixed a bug where Gliders could pass through builder bridges if they hit them
   at exactly the right spot.
*  Fixed a bug where the minimap may have minor glitches when scrolling horizontally
   along the bottom of the level in levels that also have vertical scrolling.
*  Fixed the bug where the wrong rank would show on the menu screen after exiting
   from the postview screen on the final level of a rank.
*  Fixed a memory leak that occurs after playing a large number of levels.
*  OGG Music and Music Packs are now supported.
*  Added a feature to save images of all levels. Press F5 on the menu screen. Note
   that this is quite slow, as each level must be loaded, rendered and saved; also
   note that the screen goes blank while doing this (this is normal).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3rtsg7k0yx7s4v6/AAAS4LjPTdMEJ_zUt6ybAcyXa

You can get versions of the Music Packs for NeoLemmix here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3mb76lxwm6s5fv3/AABH3m5mbgATRZCk9NQvtMQWa

(The difference from the standard ones is that they include Gimmick and Frenzy musics. They aren't higher-quality or different versions though for those two. If you'd rather avoid the extra downloads, you can use standard ones as long as you aren't using any gimmick or frenzy levels; or alternatively, you can use the NeoLemmix ones on the traditional players which will have no issues whatsoever.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 10, 2014, 10:09:44 AM »
I found an issue regarding the music pack for the Extra player: If you play one of the special graphics levels (other than the Sunsoft and Apple ones, of course), the wrong music plays. However, the music for those levels does play in certain normal levels (which also shouldn't happen). If I don't use the music pack, then the correct music plays. It sounds like the music files in that pack might not be in the correct order.

EDIT:
The difference from the standard ones is that they include Gimmick and Frenzy musics.
What do you mean by "standard ones"? The music packs that you linked to in that post seem to be the only ones that are available.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #393 on: October 10, 2014, 10:43:48 AM »
"Standard ones" refers to the ones for traditional Lemmix players.

And you're right - I forgot that Extra traditional and Extra Neo have the musics in a slightly different order when building these music packs (specifically; traditional has the 17 Orig tracks, the 4 special graphics levels, then the 6 OhNo musics, whereas Neo has the 17 Orig tracks, the 6 OhNo tracks, then the 4 special graphics ones). I'll fix that up soon.

EDIT: Okay, fixed version is up. :) (It's the music pack, not the player, that's been updated.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 10, 2014, 07:52:24 PM »
I did some more searching on this forum, and it looks like the only link to these music packs is in this post; the original post of that thread only has a link to the players.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #395 on: October 11, 2014, 12:27:47 AM »
I did some more searching on this forum, and it looks like the only link to these music packs is in this post; the original post of that thread only has a link to the players.

They're also linked on the website in my sig; but you're right, I probably should (and have now) add a link to the original post.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #396 on: October 11, 2014, 12:40:20 PM »
Known issue in NeoLemmix player: OGGs with looping info set (which is most of the DOS ones, and especially noticable in the H94 music pack) don't loop properly. This is also true for traditional Lemmix. I'm looking into a fix for it.

EDIT: At this point, managed an almost-fix. I say almost because while it does loop, it kind of skips slightly whenever the loop occurs.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 12, 2014, 10:36:59 PM »
Two more suggestions for the NeoLemmix editor:
  • If a level is a long vertical-scrolling level, only part of it gets shown in the preview screen; you can add a feature that sets the Y value to show which part of the level should be seen in the preview screen (for example, if the bottom part of the level should be shown in the preview screen, then you can set the Y value to that area of the level).
  • The ability to change the color of an individual level's background within the editor.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 12, 2014, 11:31:20 PM »
Note that some songs have short pauses at the end. One prime example of this is Tim 7(the mod version, not sure if your OGG is different).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #399 on: October 13, 2014, 12:03:21 AM »
Two more suggestions for the NeoLemmix editor:
  • If a level is a long vertical-scrolling level, only part of it gets shown in the preview screen; you can add a feature that sets the Y value to show which part of the level should be seen in the preview screen (for example, if the bottom part of the level should be shown in the preview screen, then you can set the Y value to that area of the level).
  • The ability to change the color of an individual level's background within the editor.

1) I'm aware something needs to be done about this. I'd rather somehow show the whole level, or failing that, base it off the Y screen start position than a seperate value.
2) Not too sure about this one... it seems a bit too open to abuse. Unless you mean just as in how the editor displays it (essentially a BgColor config option for the editor)?

exit: I don't see any problem with the Tim7 MOD? It loops fine...

By the way, I found the solution to the looping issue with the OGGs, and it'll be fixed in the next update for both Traditional and Neo. No redownload of the music packs needed; the problem was in the players.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 13, 2014, 05:26:13 AM »
2) Not too sure about this one... it seems a bit too open to abuse. Unless you mean just as in how the editor displays it (essentially a BgColor config option for the editor)?

I actually meant setting a background color to an individual level (e.g. one level has a blue background, another one has a green background, etc.)

Another issue with the editor (it might be just me, though): the editor refuses to load the new VGASPEC levels, and the error states "The system cannot find the path specified."

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2014, 05:41:49 AM »
I assume you're using V1.23n-A, right? Which level are you trying to load?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 13, 2014, 12:43:19 PM »
Yes, I'm using V1.23n-A. The VGASPECs in question are the ones from the LPIII Bonus pack.

The error occurs when I attempt to load up one of the LPIII VGASPEC files from the Level properties window, in the "Special graph" section.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #403 on: October 13, 2014, 01:00:04 PM »
Just to be clear - which style does that happen in? NeoCustLemmix, CustLemm, or LPIII Bonus? (Or all of them?)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 13, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »
It happens in all of the styles.

I've checked the NeoLemmixStyles INI, and it might be because of this (example for comparison):

[NeoCustLemmix_35]
GraphicSetClass=TBaseDosGraphicSet
BrickColor=0
GraphicExtFile=VGASPEC15.DAT
GraphicFile=
GraphicSetArchive=NeoCustLemmix_Apple.lga
GraphicSetId=0
GraphicSetIdExt=16
GraphicSetName=Apple
IsSpecial=True
MetaInfoFile=
vs
[NeoCustLemmix_37]
GraphicSetClass=TBaseDosGraphicSet
BrickColor=4278206592
GraphicExtFile=vgaspec17.dat
GraphicFile=
GraphicSetArchive=
GraphicSetId=0
GraphicSetIdExt=18
GraphicSetName=Lemmings Forums
IsSpecial=True
MetaInfoFile=

The reason it wouldn't load may be that the GraphicSetArchive section has not been filled out yet, causing the error.