Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 169696 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2013, 07:30:23 AM »
Rhapsody, the original, had a 54322345 skill pattern and was save 76 of 80
Rhapsody-- has a 43211234 skill pattern and is save 75 of 79

100% intentional.  8)
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 24, 2013, 12:58:03 AM »
Nice, news of this thing moving again is a great thing  :thumbsup:

'singlescreen' can definitely be removed from the title on my level. 

Also, feel free to do any modifictaion to the puzzle itself if you feel it should be included.
I definitely wont mind atall.

Whatever makes the pack better is what really matters.

Rubix.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 29, 2013, 07:05:12 AM »
Heres a new puzzle I made today, dont know if you are accepting anymore or not, but I was bored.   Lix is always fun to mess around in.
Difficulty ummm somewhere late taxing to early mayhem I would say.
Not too hard.  But fun when you know how.

Map:Low Profile
Style: Shadow

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 23, 2013, 07:22:35 AM »
I attached an archive containing various levels that were considered for inclusion but haven't been included yet, mostly due to backroute issues that were never fixed or very technical solutions. However there's also minimac's levels in this archive which I haven't gone through yet, I think after fixing some of the atrocious background colours there's quite a bunch of decent levels amongst them too.
Any input with regards to changes or inclusion on whatever is in this archive is appreciated. I noticed in Proxima's level rating list there's already a preference for which of minimac's levels to include and which not.

There's also a folder called 'versions', containing multiple versions of certain levels from which I have to choose one. The most messy one is 'Lixes in Motion' which is supposed to be a two parter, but there's a load of different versions and I don't know which ones are the right ones.

Also attached is a solution for Low Profile.

I also found an alternative solution for So Close, making the first pile even higher should eliminate it. Shall I do that?

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 23, 2013, 06:07:11 PM »
you managed to save 1 more i see.   :thumbsup:

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 01, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »
My contribution for the Lix set. :) Here's "Feel the Pressure" if you still would like to add it, although there seems to be extra levels already (?).

Let me know if you find backroutes, just discovered eg. that Lix basher can actually create a ramp when hitting steel, which doesn't occur in Lemmix. I increased the save requirement by one and the time limit by some seconds to make this work better. I have a replay solution for my level.

Btw, Lix editor was pretty nice to use (I especially liked those buttons which adjust how visible a terrain piece is on another piece), good work guys! :thumbsup:

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 01, 2013, 02:10:39 AM »
Yea LIX editor is very user friendly.   I only like creating lemmings-type stuff in Lix :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 19, 2013, 03:16:12 AM »
If there is still time, there are adjustments I'd like to make and I think I'm finally getting the time to make them.

I'd like to replace:
Pieuw's; Diggin' the Air with So Logical
Underground Water Storage (or whatever I called it... Proxima would know because he's watched RTW) with Lemesis
my levels:
Torcher Chamber with Mass Lemmecide by Yawg

I'll gladly use these to replace levels of mine that had major backroute problems or other issues.

others I'd like to remake that I could swap in:
Take it like a Lemming by weirdy beardy
Gotta Keep em seperated by Shvegait
...too many to list.

I've haven't looked at the level list in a while and I haven't included levels by those like minimac who I remember participated. But there are levels by those people I'd love to include if they are not already included.

I also should retract my earlier comment that Insane Steve's level: Watch Ye Step should be fine with that backroute. It's not fine and the intended solution is more interesting & difficult.
I don't recall seeing geoo's levels like One Step Off or Down the Cliff in here. If so, those are winners thought ought to be considered.

Right now I'm on Ubuntu (32 bit) and thought I could easily do this but the computer is old (and crashes often) and Lix crashes after I changed the screen dimensions in windowed mode. So I might not get to it for a few days.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 16, 2013, 08:03:38 PM »
I'd like to replace:
Underground Water Storage (or whatever I called it... Proxima would know because he's watched RTW) with Lemesis
That would be "It's All Uphill From Here".

Here's a remake of Death or Glory by weirdybeardy, from Revenge of the Lemmings (Pain 07).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 17, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
I'd like to replace:
That would be "It's All Uphill From Here".

Here's a remake of Death or Glory by weirdybeardy, from Revenge of the Lemmings (Pain 07).

For now, I would recommend using this level you just made to replace one of mine. Torture Chamber would probably be my first choice. It's very precise and annoying plus it had many backroutes and may still have some, not a level I'm particularly proud of. I doubt if I'll get around to remaking them myself, sorry. But anybody can do anything with my levels. I don't mind. I won't sue for copyright issues  :P

Mass Lemmecide by Yawg is my favorite candidate for remake here. (it is Armageddon 6 in the Revenge Pack) There are lots of others but many may be difficult or impossible to remake.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 03, 2014, 12:47:02 AM »
I'm remaking "Panic Attack" from Lemmings Plus II. Here's a block needed for it -- add this to the carnival set.

EDIT: And here's the level.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 19, 2014, 05:58:54 PM »
Regarding the level "Finale", I had another look at this just now, realised I couldn't remember my original solution, and found a different solution that saves 38/40 (the same as geoo's backroute) with the bomber and three blockers over.

I've decided to make this the intended solution, and remove the bomber. (The three blockers can remain, to keep the 1-5-5-1 pattern.)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 19, 2014, 11:48:50 PM »
Prelude: Decorative terrain edit only, solution is unchanged.

Put your lix on ice: Replaced builders with platformers to inhibit build-across solutions. No-climber is still possible as a challenge.

Seven Pillars of Lixdom (formerly "Untitled Columns Level"): Heavily revised, incorporating an idea from the solution to the harder version. The harder version, which was rejected for over-precise bomber timing, can now be scrapped.

Rhapsody in Blue: Is now untimed  :thumbsup:  and the extra builder is instead accounted for by the terrain on the far left being non-steel.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 29, 2014, 01:14:34 AM »
Here's another remake from Namida's Lemmings Plus  8)  But with a catch... in the original, this is one of the early 30-of-everything levels. It's not so easy with only three of everything!

EDIT: I realised after I switched off last night that this can be done without the walkers, so naturally I removed them. Makes it a lot harder!

This level has no time limit, but if you want a challenge, it can be done within four minutes.

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 30, 2014, 01:00:13 AM »
I really want to try all this stuff you guys are creating, but I will wait for the actual release to do so.
I'm patient :)  something to always look forward to.