Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 169696 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #555 on: May 21, 2012, 04:41:23 PM »
I can improve geoo's improvement of Clam's solution to lose-3 with two blockers spare  :P (Or one blocker and one batter, by using the digger/blocker glitch.) In view of this, I think the level definitely needs tightening at least a little; the question is just how much....

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 21, 2012, 06:25:29 PM »
I'm afraid you have to do something else to eliminate my solution. I just realized that the first blocker for delay isn't necessary, it is immediately dug under and therefore inefficient. Having the lix walk a short bit and then setting the blocker achieves the same as the previous 2 blocker setup.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 21, 2012, 06:55:45 PM »
Bruteforcing my way through this level to get Clam's route work again in this ridiculous way (final action starts at 18:30).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 21, 2012, 07:05:59 PM »
Seems like all I need do to prevent that is set the spawn interval lower than 48. I have no attachment to any particular value (the intended solution can easily be done with the S.I. at 4 throughout) so I've arbitarily chosen 30. This throws off the timing in my saved replay, so I've removed it.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 23, 2012, 06:35:45 PM »
I'm just sorting through my wip directory, and I've got a few questions for you:

@TM:
Division of Labor: Which is the latest version with my backroutes removed, so I can give it another go?
Four lix and a funeral: Same as above
Critical Procedures: Save 58/60 or 59/60?
Is there a lix in the house: Is there another revision of it? It looked very interested, but backroute-riddled, though I don't know the intended solution.
Make a clean getaway: Not sure, did you scrap this one? The version I have has a simple 2 skill solution.
Scale that wall: Iirc you scrapped this one?
Soulful Bounding Leap: Which is the latest version? I got a 60/60 one right now where you don't actually jump from the starting platform anymore.

@Proxima: Got some more solutions:
Corridor: Slight alternative, makes use of the miner.
Impossible Dream: A different backroute.
This lix is your lix/Yuki/lion lix 100%: solutions.
Haven't solved You only get one Bash yet.

@Everyone:
Derailed level: Was in part meant as a joke level, shall I use it or scrap it?
btw, Steve hasn't made a proper ceiling route level yet. :P

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 23, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
Thanks for the solutions. I hope this sorting means that we will see a list update soon 8) ... not least because I'd like to know how much room there is for additional levels. I know you're now planning on having six difficulties; how many levels in each?

Corridor: That's fine, I don't mind there being multiple solutions to this one.
This lix: Intended solution.
Impossible Dream: I'll look at that later and see if I can fix it, busy right now.
Lion 100%: Nice work, you made it a lot simpler than my version :P
Yuki: Damn, that's embarrassing. Fortunately, I just realised that with the new terrain, the intended solution can save 49 anyway without extra skills but with a bit of precision. So, remove the extra walker and bomber (the bomber, of course, is only there to keep the skillset symmetrical).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 23, 2012, 09:55:20 PM »
...or maybe not. I thought I had it just now, but I can't seem to recreate my solution.

Okay, this is my very last attempt to produce a backroute-free version. Save 49, one extra platformer. (Though I'm still interested in whether it can be done without the extra platformer.) If by any chance this doesn't work, it's back to the save-48 version as the least bad option.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 23, 2012, 10:23:01 PM »
Critical Procedures-
58/60 - It will have multiple solutions but I'm okay with that. It would've had IS's solution anyway. makes it more interesting to me anyway to have more than 1 solution.

Is there a lix in the house-
this is intended for fun or tricky. a misdirection level for beginners. It looks long and tedious but isnt' really. There are a number of ways to solve it and all quickly.

Make a clean getaway:
you have to show me this level because I either renamed it or lost it. But if it's the one I renamed from "Quick turn around" (because I thought that name was stupid) definitly keep that one, and the way it is.
EDIT; now I'm remembering that was one I made of IS's. It wasn't really finished but I gave up on it.

Scale that wall-
that's scrapped yes. that is the one with the builder/climber glitch you said you didn't want.

Soulful Bounding leap -
keep your latest version.

the other two I have attached. As for Four lix and a funeral, the latest backroutes were removed but I doubt as to whether they are all gone. That level was beginning to be a nightmare.

man, that's a lot of levels... As far as I know, the rest are all up to date and free of backroutes, including lix lies down on broadway.
Next, I have a level from Insane Steve.
---------

hey Proxima, for 'you only get one bash'

Does it require the trick of lowering a basher with a digger. I've tried and failed but that doesn't mean that's not the solution. If it is, good job because I tried to create a level like this but was making a very large block where you'd have to repeatadly do it and made it a total pain and tedious. If this isn't the solution I might make one like it.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 23, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »
No. (In reply to the question in TM's spoiler text.)

Critical Procedures -- I thought we agreed on 59/60 as all (four?) solutions found could be tightened to achieve this, and requiring it makes the level more interesting.

Soulful Bounding Leap -- I think there's a better level in this one waiting to get out, and if it's okay with you, I may have a look at it myself when I have time.

Oops, almost overlooked geoo's question about Derailed Level. Definitely keep it (though I guess if we end up one or two levels over, this is one we could most easily consider dropping). It was fun to find the solution, and not trivial to work out the details even after getting the main idea.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 24, 2012, 06:30:43 PM »
Thanks for the input.
For the record, with the next update there will be around 190 levels overall. I need to get an overview of what we currently have, but I think a few very easy levels should still be added to that. I think the amount of ratings/levels per rating can be adjusted to 6x40, 8x30 or something like that to accomodate all levels still.

Backroutes Yuki, Four Lix (same solution as to some previous version), and got a (partly) new solution to Division of Labor making use of the newly introduced basher.

Also, I think you'll have to set the SI right to 4 for You only get one Bash, because I found a new solution that works at SI 12 (and might still be possible if you're allowed to switch it between 5 and 7)

Is there a lix in the house: Ah, I thought it had some sort of ingenious solution to it that was just hard to enforce. But it's still nice as an easier one.

Just checked, and my solution to Critical Proc can also be adapted to save 59 (overall 4 or 5 solution saving 59 sounds about right). So I guess it makes sense to change is to 59, if TM is fine with that.
Same with Soulful Bounding Leap, will wait for your modification if TM is fine with that.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 24, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »
Aargh, nice one. So, as I said, Yuki reverts to save-48, Clam's batter backroute works. (I'm keeping the revised terrain even though the main reason for the revision no longer exists, so you don't need to revert Lion to the old version.) Absolutely final version now.

You only get one bash with SI 4 attached.

The latest version of Four Lix was my attempt at a backroute fix, so I've taken responsibility for this and tried to fix it again.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 26, 2012, 02:33:49 AM »
Soulful Bounding Leap -- I think there's a better level in this one waiting to get out, and if it's okay with you, I may have a look at it myself when I have time.

You can by all means do something with it. Please do actually. I actually intended something much different for it but couldn't get it then my computer went offline and I sort of "forgot" what I wanted the level to be like. I try to think like Michelangelo; on a blank level, the level is really there I just have to get it out... wait that doesn't work, never mind.

Just for the record; what (I'd like) to be working on is: two of IS's levels: Watch Ye Step and 'Bectha can't save just one. The latter is also really good, design wise and the solution is cleverly hidden and deceptive. I say "I'd like" because I'm very busy right now and hadn't much time to work on levels :(
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 26, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »
OK, here's what I've done with Soulful Bounding Leap. Mainly, it's a reversion to the earlier level (which I liked) but with 100% still required; a piece of steel prevents the bash-under-the-level-backroute, and the spawn interval is more demanding.

Another very easy level (Level 9 of my Simple set) since you want more of these.

And, for the record  8) if we have 190 levels and are aiming for 240, there shouldn't be any problem fitting in my remaining ones, but I'll just quickly list the ones I would definitely like to remake:

* The Sign of Four / The Meeting of the Minds
* Zorn's Lemming (already built, but I need to work out the correct height for the wall, which may take a while)
* Lemming Cannon (Ben Bryant, from the same set as "Leap of Faith")
* Round Trip (Insane Steve) -- unless of course I.S. prefers to remake this himself

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 26, 2012, 11:38:38 PM »
Solutions to new versions again.
No news on Only one Bash yet.

Noticed that you can avoid using climber/miner and just build over the first obstacle in Put your Lix. Good, simple level nevertheless.

I'll be away for the next few days, so no updates until next weekend, probably.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 27, 2012, 12:15:51 AM »
Yuki: Exactly the intended route  :thumbsup: (Though, come to think of it, one final possibility for save-49 might be to give either an extra miner or digger, to replace the bomber.... or did I already try that?)

Four Lix: Almost identical, though my solution needed all the skills. I'll leave it up to TM to decide whether to try to enforce a solution with the climber, or just leave it as it is.

Put your lix on ice: Yes, unlike the Cheapo version of the level (in which climbers and miners were the only skills given) I deliberately gave the player more options, such as going over the chain of islands, or building over the first obstacle using the rightmost island.

Soulful Bounding Leap: Hmm. I'd hoped to enforce using the blocker but at the moment I don't see how to prevent your solution. I still prefer this version of the level to either of the earlier versions.