Author Topic: Lix Community Level Set  (Read 169411 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Community Level Set
« Reply #525 on: April 28, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »
your solution to Broadway is good but it's a BR. I may just make your solution a different/easier level, or may even modify it a little because I like that a lot. but the intended for that one is very different. :)

this may be my hardest level yet. And one part of the solution you may not care for though, I'll keep trying to find a better way of dealing with it. I didn't like it at first but then found it surprisingly more easy to deal with than I thought. One way of making it easier would be to put the RR up but not too much to prevent Proxima's BR.

below is the fix to it for now.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 02, 2012, 03:43:34 AM »
update to 'Broadway. This fixes a bunch of backroutes and also reverts it back to the slightly easier (And less annoying) original solution

everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 03, 2012, 10:27:51 PM »
My old solution still works with this version of Broadway, see the attached replay with the wall setup (rest works like in my old solution). To prevent this, from left to right, the terrain has to be rising or of constant height, but never lowering.

I've found a different solution though, and if that's intended, then hats off, this is amazing! (With one more climber or walker it could even be turned into a 100% solution, though 49/50 leaves more possibilities thus making the level harder, probably, if there aren't any other backroutes.) I'll have another look for alternative solutions.
EDIT: I'm dumb, 100% works perfectly fine just the way it is, without additional skills.

Had another look at Love is Over, and yeah, there's nicer ways to do this. Can't get around the precision of the keys moves though, obviously.

I also made a new level, the design is preliminary, because I don't have a nice trap which is a little slower than the squisher, but not as slow as the factory, but solution-wise it's final.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 08, 2012, 08:12:59 PM »
Yeah, I'm still officially on hiatus, but there's no way I'm going to depart into the ether without giving you my evil masterpiece of bomber timing  :P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 08, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »
hey  :) this thread got really lonely while you were gone. Of course I was doing other things as well.

I still need to fix "broadway" so... I'll do that. when I have time  :XD:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline chroda

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 09, 2012, 01:08:40 PM »
I also made a new level, the design is preliminary, because I don't have a nice trap which is a little slower than the squisher, but not as slow as the factory, but solution-wise it's final.
The wise solution, I hope?
For sure, I completed the design in a frightful manner, but the goal is reached, no?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 09, 2012, 05:33:22 PM »
Oh, and one more  8) Yes, it's a hidden-trap level, but at least the title tells you what to expect. Interesting thing is, in order to hide the trap, the ceiling has to be much lower than in the Cheapo original, making it impossible to build over the trap. The level is still solvable, but you have to take a completely different route from the originally intended one.

EDIT: Removed an easy backroute.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaand one more level. (Plus its easier version.)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 10, 2012, 12:25:35 AM »
The wise solution, I hope?
For sure, I completed the design in a frightful manner, but the goal is reached, no?
Very nice, yes, this is the intended solution. It also works for the original version of the level without your addition, barely, due to the latency of the traps.
Not sure which version of the level to take, additions like that look a bit messy and the thing isn't a triangle anymore. I do like the design idea of putting these small blocks on though, it looks interesting. One other thing I could try, perhaps, is having a steep downward slope instead of the direct fall at the right, then I'm not limited by the max safe fall distance.
EDIT: Ok, attached a new version, I quite like this one.

Finally solved the 20/20 version of Lixes in motion. Got to say I prefer the solution of the other version, but this one would still be worth turning this level into a two parter, imo.

Solved corridor, cheap backroute I guess.

From the other side was very tricky, having no floaters.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 10, 2012, 12:53:20 AM »
Wow, that's a completely different solution to From the Other Side!  :thumbsup: (Intended solution attached.)

I think I already eliminated that backroute on Corridor  :P I've attached the fixed version to the above post.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 10, 2012, 01:04:12 AM »
Backroute to Corridor still works though, basically.

Yuki solved, using some cheap delay techniques.

Watched your solution to From the other Side, yeah, that's a bit more elegant.

Offline chroda

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 10, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
One other thing I could try, perhaps, is having a steep downward slope instead of the direct fall at the right, then I'm not limited by the max safe fall distance.
EDIT: Ok, attached a new version, I quite like this one.
Done!
I like the new version
The best time is when you climb the stairs ... ;)
Ho, hum in order to complete the level, of course! :thumbsup:

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 10, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
Okay, let's see how you get on with this version of Yuki, Muon, Madobe Nite  8)

This time I'm really happy about how the level's turned out, so I hope that my intended solution is or can be enforced....

Oh, and I think I've saved the maximum possible on the easier version, and it's a pretty neat challenge! Let's see if anyone else can equal or beat my record (for now, I won't tell you how many it is). As a bonus challenge, you can also save the maximum number within one minute.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 11, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »
Some neat levels there Proxima :), here are replays for the most recent. Some quick comments:

Dr Strangelix: Thankfully savestates make bomber timing easy, only 4 are actually needed so there's some decent leeway here.
From the other side: I had a couple skills spare, did you have something more complicated in mind?
Corridor: My solution feels backroutish and has spare skills again. I think you could just let the middle trap be visible, but I guess given the title it's not so bad.
Yuki: I saved 47 without much effort, and then found a crafty way to save one more :D. Again, no idea if this is intended or not.
Lion: Judging by your comment, I think I've beaten your record there ;) (And it's still possible in one minute :))

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 11, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »
Heh, trust the Master Batter to come up with solutions like those  :P That solution to Yuki is so funny that I'm inclined to leave it in. And yes, I only got 59 on Lion because I hadn't seen that trick with the bat (though my route does use batters elsewhere).

From the Other Side: [EDIT: Removed replay, to avoid giving hints for new version.]

Corridor: I'm so used to traps in Lix being oversensitive, it never occurred to me to check whether you could go under it so easily! [EDIT: I've decided to remove the climber, and this version is included in the zip in the post below this one. A variant of Clam's solution is still possible, using the digger and basher to bypass the trap and the miner to delay one lix at the start.]

My solutions attached.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 14, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »
Things got a little out of hand, so I've deleted my run of consecutive posts and put everything into one post.

Attached:

* "proxima" contains my new Tile graphics set, now with an updated fire object and additional spheres (including a steel sphere).
* "levels" contains Rhapsody in Blue (at last!); updates to four levels; save-49 version of Yuki. [These haven't been changed since yesterday, so you don't need to download them again if you have the new versions.]
* Backroute replay for "Don't catch me if you can" v.2
* 100% solution to "Play ball!". Sorry this took me so long  :P By the way, I'm still trying to find the 100% solution to "Lixes in Motion"; no luck yet.