Author Topic: [BUG][FIXED] Crash on hatch with preassigned skills outside level area  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
I just made a level using the Genesis Fire tileset, well rather I modified an existing level from the 2P levels from the Extra levels nxp

I just tested the level in Neo Lemmix Editor, 1 lemming spawns no problem.

For each lemming that spawns after that, I get this error message (cross symbol)

"Preassigned skill called for object not a hatch or a preplaced lemming (C:\Users\Namida\Games\Lemmings\LemmixSource\NeoLemmixSource\LemObjects.pas, line 350)"

On clicking "ok" the lemming dies and gets removed from the Lemming count without spawning.

EDIT: Occurs in both Player and Editor test mode on v10.13.18

I replaced the hatch with an identical hatch then no lemmings spawned and the error message came up on the very first lemming.

Changing the main tileset or using a hatch from a different tileset doesn't solve this issue.

EDIT 2: I remade the level from scratch using the Original Fire tileset and the problem does not occur so it must be a bug with the level being taken from the Extra Levels nxp via dumping them or a bug with the Genesis tilesets themselves.

EDIT 3: Realised what has gone wrong myself, it turns out I had a trapdoor outside of the level boundary so if this error ever occurs for anyone, that's what's wrong!

Edit by Nepster: Changed title to reflect the actual bug.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:22:44 PM by Nepster »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [Bug] One Lemming spawns the rest spawn error message instead [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 09:27:55 AM »
Thanks for the EDIT 3 :thumbsup:. With this I now know exactly what line of code is causing this bug and why it is doing so, even without looking at the code itself or trying to reproduce it. Should be an easy fix.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [Bug] One Lemming spawns the rest spawn error message instead [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 01:20:57 PM »
Fixed from the next version on.