Author Topic: [SUGGESTION][PLAYER] blockers get/don’t get killed in trap  (Read 1728 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
[SUGGESTION][PLAYER] blockers get/don’t get killed in trap
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:07:22 AM »
reserved
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION][PLAYER] blockers get/don’t get killed in trap
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:07:57 AM »
-If a set of lemmings at around 90 RR walk into a trap; the first will trigger the trap, the second will pass by it, enabling you to make him a blocker inside the trap trigger area. Once the trap finishes animating, it will now effectively be “disarmed” because other lemmings will hit the blocker and turn around. The blocker never dies.

This could be changed; so that when the trap finishes animating, it then kills the blocker. I don't know if I fully support this as I haven't thought it totally through; there may be problems with implementing this but I thought it should be brought to attention.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUGGESTION][PLAYER] blockers get/don’t get killed in trap
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 12:14:19 AM »
There would be no problem with implementing it; it's currently by design that traps don't affect them. It should be noted the trap isn't entirely rendered harmless - try dropping a lemming from above the blocker, for example.

With that being said, changing this mechanic wouldn't make a huge difference, as virtually all trap trigger areas are narrow enough that one could simply place a blocker on the last pixel before the trigger (and in some cases, even a stoner) and achieve the same result.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)