Author Topic: 2.00 Should the name "NeoLemmix" be kept?  (Read 2663 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
2.00 Should the name "NeoLemmix" be kept?
« on: October 12, 2015, 05:52:06 AM »
So - the basic reason for the "NeoLemmix" name is that NeoLemmix - or at least, NeoLemmix V1.xxn branch - is a fork of EricLang's Lemmix engine; similar to how SuperLemmini is a fork of Lemmini.

When I decided to do the reboot, I originally decided the name "NeoLemmix" should be kept, despite that the reboot would have little - if any - Lemmix code still in it, on the grounds of that it's still continuing to implement NeoLemmix's mechanics, feel, etc. But with more and more decisions that go away from NeoLemmix 1's structure, it's starting to have little resemblance towards NX1 apart from being a lemmings engine with the same additional skills and object types. Essentially, rather than being a new version, it's starting to feel more like, at most, a spiritual successor.

So I'm wondering - should the name be changed from "NeoLemmix" to something else? And if so, what should that something else be? I would like to keep a name that in some way evokes this connection to NeoLemmix (V1.xxn branch); since keeping "Lemmix" in the title is a bit inappropriate, perhaps something that still includes "Neo" in the title?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)