Author Topic: Lemming Phone Case  (Read 5185 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Lemming Phone Case
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:26:07 PM »
I decided to get a new mobile phone, but the case I've been using until now is too small for the new device, so I designed this little guy and made him over the weekend - just in time for the phone's delivery tomorrow morning.

He's just under 7" tall from top to bottom, and has space to carry a phone in his back. There's a big button with a loop that fits over it, so that the contents are securely held in, and there's a belt-loop as well so that he's nice and easy to carry around.

This marks the first appearance of fully-plastic eyes on one of my Lemmings plushes, and now I'd really like to find larger-sized dopey-eyes for future full-sized ones, too!

Cute and practical, I think. :thumbsup:

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: Lemming Phone Case
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 07:39:44 PM »
best phone case ever?  :thumbsup:

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 03:31:28 AM »
Best phone case ever.  :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »
It's pretty awesome, though I think it'd be a bit impractical to actually carry a phone around in... :/ Unless the photo makes it look bigger than it actually is.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 02:44:29 PM »
Thanks, guys! :D

@namida - He's pretty easy to carry around - I wear him on my belt, in fact. :thumbsup: I'll take a picture or two of him next to a CD, later, to give a proper idea of his size.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 04:35:11 PM »
Here he is with a CD;

Naturally, the phone is very well-padded, with this guy. :thumbsup:

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 10:12:01 PM »
That's quite impressive Prob Lem, I like how you are using it as a mobile phone case protector very nice indeed, Each time I see one of those lemmings I keep thinking to myself I want one of them.  :thumbsup:

What does that remind me of I just remembered, usually when the lemming is building he has a backpack type of thing where he keeps the bricks hidden.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 12:42:06 AM »
Holy cow! Somehow, the lighting in that last picture with the CD makes the case really pop out at me. That's definitely a gorgeous lemming right there.

The eyes are dead-on, too. That's definitely the expression I'd imagine lemmings would have in their workplace environment.

"Well, at least this job is better than Bomber."

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 04:16:16 AM »
Thanks again, guys. :D

What does that remind me of I just remembered, usually when the lemming is building he has a backpack type of thing where he keeps the bricks hidden.
I toyed with the idea of having the backpack, but it was too impractical in the end, unfortunately.

Holy cow! Somehow, the lighting in that last picture with the CD makes the case really pop out at me. That's definitely a gorgeous lemming right there.
Thanks very, very much!

The difference in the lighting is down to ditching my dedicated camera, and instead using the phone that this lemming was designed to carry. The camera on that phone outclasses the actual camera by quite a way. The mind boggles!

"Well, at least this job is better than Bomber."
Hahaha... :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »
I know the feeling. For a long time, I had a fairly low-end camera, I think it was 3MP or so... then I bought a Galaxy S3 (wasn't even thinking about the camera; I wanted it for its processing power), and noticed that the camera was far better than my actual one... this S3 is the only high-end phone I've ever had, all my previous phones have been at best low-to-mid range. Partly due to lack of money, partly due to that until recently high-end phones didn't offer any real advantage (to me at least) over the cheaper ones.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 08:26:56 AM »
I toyed with the idea of having the backpack, but it was too impractical in the end, unfortunately.

Also comes with potential for irony if you "brick" your phone :)