Author Topic: This place is done for. (Migration time!)  (Read 1724 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
This place is done for. (Migration time!)
« on: May 25, 2009, 12:41:44 AM »
OK, after months of not being able to regain FTP/MySQL access, nor getting back my subdomain, nor, well, ANYTHING looking like progress in fixing up this site, I basically have given up trying to save this place.  The problems just keep getting worse and worse.  For these reasons, this Lemmings Community is dead in my eyes.  It's not workable.  I'm basically closing it.

However, this isn't the end. There is some extremely good news.

Forumer Adam has provided us with a brand new home.  We have a domain name and dedicated hosting for the forum.  Thanks very much, Adam!

So visit the new Lemmings Forums (I've reverted to the old name, and the "site" bits of this are gone since they were a failure) at:

http://www.lemmingsforums.com

They are brand new, empty forums.  I could not find a way to transfer over the data from here.  You'll need to register again and populate the place back up.
Lemmings Community here will stay open for another week or so in order to let you all finish up any conversations you've been having, before I basically put it into a deep freeze for archival purposes.  The place will be viewable but posting will no longer be possible.  I imagine it'll stay up like that for a good while, but save anything you want to save anyway, and make your way to the new forums as soon as possible.

I hope you enjoy the new place.  It's a much more permanent home and finally has a memorable URL :P