Author Topic: A BeastIII Of A Level (NEW Forest tileset!)  (Read 6200 times)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
A BeastIII Of A Level (NEW Forest tileset!)
« on: September 13, 2008, 09:18:26 AM »
Hey guys, I just wanted to show you this level and tileset Ive just created, and yes it is my version of a sequel to the famous BeastI and BeastII levels from the original game. Check it out (and hope you like it!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCVSdejf7vY

Also helpful to note that the video is over 5 minutes long, but I think that with the level design it balances out :D

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Re: A BeastIII Of A Level (NEW Forest tileset!)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 02:51:12 AM »
That is Lemmini, right?

But does the graphic set uses the graphics of one of the "Shadow of the Beast" games?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 03:09:24 AM »
Yes it is using Lemmini :)

Unfortunately, until just recently I had no idea where the music or the original levels came from. I had actually thought both the music and the original graphics were something the lemmings designers came up with, not actually from SOTB itself. When I went to download forest music, two songs are apparently from that game, but I didnt know that as the music had a different name.

For the graphics, they are actually just forest images I grabbed off places like Google Images and Yahoo Images. And because I assumed that the original beast levels were forest-like (especially the first one), thats how I got my inspiration to make the tileset and the level. I had no idea SOTB was the inspiration behind the original beast levels...

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »
The special levels of Lemmings use the graphics of different Psygnosis games. Those are :
Shadow of the Beast I - A Beast of a Level
Menace - Menacing!
Awesome - What an AWESOME level
Shadow of the Beast II - A Beast II of a Level

Offline Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:37:14 AM »
Lol, that also I didnt know. At least my Mario levels are like that :P

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abn3q9eLSZM

Offline Tim

• View Profile
Forest tileset
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 05:29:45 AM »
Due to high controversy on my first level for the Forest tileset, "A BeastIII Of A Level" is longer an official level of mine. The video of it has been deleted from YouTube and is now only stored on my computer (just in case). It was meant to be part of a graphics set for the game "Shadow Of The Beast III", but instead I ended up creating a forest tileset and used the name as my first level. The level name is now free for future use, and the music used in it has been removed from my collection as it is part of SOTB music.

Instead, I went to work creating a brand new level as the official debut level of the Forest tileset. It uses minimal skills (although I wanted to have next to no builders for it, but that appears to be impossible for me to pull off on any of my levels) and although the level may appear to be long at first, it actually requires careful precision and timing to pull it off correctly. This level will not be shown on YouTube at first, as I want everyone to first have a go at it before the solution is shown, provided you have Lemmini available to play the level and the tileset. I hope you all have fun with this challenge :D

http://www.lemmingsheaven.info/upload/forest.zip
NOTE: The level itself is included with the forest zip file, you should know where to put the level seperately :)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 06:53:39 AM »
High controversy? :huh2:

Offline Tim

• View Profile
Re: Forest tileset
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 07:11:19 AM »
High controversy? :huh2:

Incorrect graphics used (shouldve been SOTB which I dont have), apparently boring style of gameplay, wrong choice of level name and music, etc. Other places have had some negative/neutral comments...