Author Topic: The Official Lemmings Companion - Mayhem ?: "Oh No! Squish."  (Read 7018 times)

The Official Lemmings Companion - Mayhem ?: "Oh No! Squish."
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:19:54 PM »
Does someone know how to finish the level "Oh No! Squish." from The Official Lemmings Companion?

What I've tried:

- Dig and bash just before every squisher, no luck you can't bash away enough.
- Dig down and bash to the right, stop the basher with a builder and let the first lemming that walks out, dig after the large gap in the stone. You have to do this twice but I can't get the timing correct the second time.
- Like the second one, but try to delay the lemmings by making a lemming a digger and rightbasher near the entrance when you are starting with the second corridor.

siergiej

Re: The Official Lemmings Companion - Mayhem ?: "Oh No! Squish."
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:47:42 PM »
Here's my replay:
(removed)

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:21:34 PM »
How do I watch that?

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 06:23:21 AM »
I just beat it again and it's quite easy.

Quote from: evaarties
- Dig and bash just before every squisher, no luck you can't bash away enough.

Completely wrong! :laugh:

Make the first lemming a builder to avoid the first trap. Then, for the next lemming, when he's very close of the second trap (but not too much, use the vertical beige lines of the brick wall as the correct marks) make him dig down 4 lines (NOT LESS) and make him bash to bypass the trap. Make the third lemming a builder just to slow him down. With the second one, continue doing the same (dig 4 lines and bash) for the next two traps and set the release rate to 99.

This level is nothing compared to the next ones...
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

siergiej

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 12:00:21 PM »
Well, my solution was completely different  :)

Evaarties, you can watch this replay in Lemmix (using DOS Original style). Just open level001.dat (the pack where this level is) from the Official Lemmings Companion directory, load the level, choose Tools-->Play this level. from the menu and then load the replay by pressing shift+r

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 04:05:09 PM »
Well, I watched the replay and tried your solution siergiej, both are very nice. I think I'm gonna include the one from siergiej in my website. Thanx!