Author Topic: Introducing the Downloads area  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
Introducing the Downloads area
« on: October 20, 2007, 02:17:47 PM »
Yes, finally a new feature!  A downloads section!

Currently, all I'm allowing uploaded are CustLemm levels and packs, due to their small size.  I'm not sure how space is on my hosting but I think it's a slight bit tight, so nothing bigger (like Cheapo stuff) will be uploadable until then.  I'm also only allowing .zip and .rar compressed files for now.

Nothing's in the section right now, because it's up to you guys to upload your stuff!  If you've got a level or pack you'd like to upload, just go into the Downloads section and click the little Upload link.  Once it's uploaded, it will be put in an approval queue where it will be checked to make sure it is a valid download.

I hope you enjoy this!  I have time now to work on the site so progress will move at a much faster pace.  I'm still looking for site teamers, though, and with this new download system you will have a use (you can approve/deny downloads)

Offline Tim

• Skype name: timfoxxy
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing the Downloads area
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 02:26:08 PM »
Pretty cool, only problem is my set of levels are jammed in one huge pack of levels, and the graphics sets are all mixed, so unless everyone knows how to get the levels to play properly, I'm afraid I will have trouble with this...

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 04:37:28 PM »
You can include instructions in the zip as a .txt file or something.

BulletRide

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 09:34:18 PM »
I tryed to upload my packs to this site, but i dont know how do turn them into .rar files.  :mikecry:

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
.zip is allowed too.  (I'd kinda prefer it because it has slightly more support for stuff)

But get WinRAR if you really want to make a RAR.