Author Topic: Adding music to Lemmini  (Read 6755 times)

Offline wysiwyg

• View Profile
Adding music to Lemmini
« on: January 06, 2007, 09:56:19 PM »
Help.

Is there any way to make Lemmini play wav files? I'm trying to add the music from the Sunsoft Special genesis level which I've ripped to wav format, but the game just won't play the music.

I've got it listed as one of the music files:
ie music_0  = tune1.mod
    music_1  = tune2.mod
    music_2  = tune3.mod
    music_3  = tune4.mod
    music_4  = tune5.mod
    music_5  = tune6.mod
    music_6  = sunsoft.wav
But nothing plays if a level has a music id of 6.

I've also tried converting the wav to a mod file using modplug, but it plays back really slowly in the game - does anyone have any idea why? (I've just checked and the converted file plays back slowly in modplug too)

Many thanks

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Adding music to Lemmini
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 10:18:18 PM »
MODs and WAVs are totally different animals (look them up in Wikipedia and learn yourself), so there's little surprise that sticking a WAV to Lemmini wouldn't work.

If the converted file plays at the wrong speed, then clearly you need to try a different converter, or maybe change some settings in the conversion program.  Unfortunately I can't really help since I've never tried any WAV->MOD conversions myself.  Perhaps if the WinAmp plugin you used to create the WAV version of the Sunsoft music allows you to change the playback speed, maybe you can just make the WAV be a too-fast version of the music, and then maybe after conversion the MOD will be in the right speed.

I suppose 0xdeadbeef can consider adding support for other file formats like WAVs MP3s etc.; that's up to him.