Author Topic: Anyone interested in a global moderator role?  (Read 390 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Anyone interested in a global moderator role?
« on: March 07, 2024, 03:48:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

So, a couple of our staff members have not been active on the site in quite some time now (ccexplore, Nessy, Akseli, as well as a few board-specific moderators). Purely to avoid any potential security risks relating to inactive accounts having mod / admin access, they have been removed as staff. (As this is the sole reason for it, I will be more than happy to give them back these positions if they return in the future.)

As such, I would like to look at making one or maybe two established members of the community moderator positions. Moderators are not expected (or able) to get involved in technical aspects of running the site; if your technical ability is good enough to register and post on the site, it's enough to carry out the moderator role. The main things you'd be doing are removing spam posts (or theoretically, other unsuitable posts, but that's a very rare occurence here) and organisational matters like moving posts in the wrong board to the correct one.

No hard and fast rule about how long anyone needs to have been here. If you're well known in the community and don't have a bad reputation, I'll consider you if you're interested. I'm only after one or two people, so if you don't get picked it doesn't necesserially mean you're "not well known" or have a bad reputation, and you can ask again next time we're looking.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 03:54:13 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Silken Healer

• View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in a global moderator role?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 07:07:46 AM »
I would be interested.

Online WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 12:58:40 PM »
I'd like to offer, but just moderating the Lemmini and SLX boards feels like enough for me already. Site-wide might be a bit much for me to take on.

If nobody else offers, I'll stand in as a back-up if needed.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 06:54:03 PM »
I would be interested as well, if there is still a spot open. :)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 08:04:37 PM »
I also would be interested and like to be added to the consideration list for the role.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 09:58:28 PM »
I'm going to give such a role to IchoTolot right now. Given his especially high level of involvement in the community, and in particular the fact that he's the admin of the Discord, it was pretty much always going to be the case that he would get it if he asked anyway.

This does not mean the other people who have applied are not going to get it (nor does it mean that no one else can apply anymore), I'm just giving a bit further thought to who / how many first (this is being discussed between me and Simon; not purely my own input alone).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2024, 12:41:14 AM »
After further thought / input, I have decided to also give a mod role to kaywhyn, and that will be enough for now.

This does not mean the other people who applied (or wanted to apply but didn't get around to it) can't put their names forward again next time.
My Lemmings projects