Author Topic: PCL2ED + PCL2STAT / L2Suite  (Read 974 times)

Offline WYSIWYG23

• ^_^
    • View Profile
PCL2ED + PCL2STAT / L2Suite
« on: November 16, 2023, 08:00:16 PM »
Hi everybody, does anyone have an updated (most recent and current) copy of geoo's/ccexplore's PCL2ED + PCL2STAT / L2Suite? The ones that have all qt dll's and do not require de-compression with Lem2zip?  The files are now gone at geoo.digibase.ca.

Thanks to anyone in advance!
Hunt the Nessie  :3

Online geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PCL2ED + PCL2STAT / L2Suite
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 08:00:09 AM »
These are the archives I found on my computer, can't test them because I'm not on Windows anymore.

They are the same files I sent you via PM a while ago, are you missing some DLLs or something? If you have some error messages about missing DLLs, I can try to look around.

(I've also been toying with the idea of writing a Tiled extension for L2, but I haven't found the time to actually do it...)

Offline WYSIWYG23

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 05:34:46 PM »
Nope, sorry! My main request is the latest pcl2ed/pcl2stat that were on you're webpage, the copy you sent me was not, and so I hoping someone else had the current ones with support for compression built-in. I don't really care for l2suite or it's dll's, only one dll was missing that I already could find elsewhere anyway.

Does anyone else have backup copies of geoo's most recent files off of geoo.digibase.ca? Both windows and linux binaries would be appreciated.

(If no-one else has a backup that's fine, and I'll just stick with your old copy above from the PM, as I was luckily able to find mindless's copy of Lem2zip.)

EDIT: All the files I'm talking about were here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1198
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 07:29:06 PM by WYSIWYG23 »

Offline WYSIWYG23

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 05:51:01 PM »
I've now also attached the pre-compiled versions of Lem2zip/lemmings tools for windows by mindless for the average computer user who is interested. Those links are also down from the Lemmings Archive, or point to source code on github (requires cygwin to build the binaries)

Online geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 08:55:29 PM »
I see. Not sure why it's needed as the previous version ships with the decompressed files anyway, but then I haven't used it in ages.
Digging around my old laptop a bit I found a version from December 2009 (as opposed to October 2009), which seems to include the decompression feature.

Attached is also the source code.

EDIT: Found the linux files too.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 09:01:09 PM by geoo »

Offline WYSIWYG23

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2023, 03:05:57 AM »
Lem2zip either way can re-compress the levels too, so as I said earlier I was merely curious for archiving, and it didn't matter.

***Also, is there another updated/current version of PCL2STAT that was hosted there on your site also by ccexplore? That had the Level boundary size change button feature fixed/implemented? Or was there only one update/release that he ever did? Like, as was said here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1166

Please attach it if you or anyone else have this current copy of PCL2STAT, if it was ever in existence, like as was just recently hosted on your website before it was shut down. I haven't used or fiddled with PCL2STAT for awhile, so I can't remember if there even was any more updates/fixed features that he made publicity.

EDIT: I know for a fact that your website at geoo.digibase.ca DID have the latest version of PCL2STAT anyway, because I remember still being able to download it from your site back in 2020~2022 or whenever it was last up. I think it was maybe a separate zip archive instead of bundled like the old "_full" one?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 03:52:04 AM by WYSIWYG23 »

Online geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 01:39:48 PM »
Yeah, but in practice there's no real need to recompress levels because L2 also accepts them when they are uncompressed.

EDIT: I know for a fact that your website at geoo.digibase.ca DID have the latest version of PCL2STAT anyway, because I remember still being able to download it from your site back in 2020~2022 or whenever it was last up. I think it was maybe a separate zip archive instead of bundled like the old "_full" one?
Are you trying to say that such a feature exists, or that whatever the latest version was, it was on my site?

Looking through the forum, PMs and emails (all of which date back to 2005), I have not found any reference to an update that would include level resizing, so I doubt that such a version was ever made in the end. The only time after 2009 that ccexplore uploaded a version of PCL2STAT was bundled with GuyPerfect's editor: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1089.msg33757#msg33757 (I found an archive with the same filename on my computer, but it only includes skills.exe) I would be highly surprised though if he silently updated PCL2ED without mentioning it anywhere and including the update in that download.

Offline WYSIWYG23

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2023, 04:01:16 PM »
L2 does accept decompressed files too? I did not know that!

As for PCL2STAT, I was just checking. Thanks

Edit --- Supposedly PCL2STAT never had built-in support for de-compression either just like your old release, and I never remembered that about the first time I ran the program over the last 10 years or so, so you in fact are right.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 04:08:49 AM by WYSIWYG23 »