Author Topic: Can someone test my levels?  (Read 6805 times)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
Can someone test my levels?
« on: September 23, 2006, 02:40:10 PM »
Hey everyone, I've made some levels in Lemedit and I was wondering if somebody could test them. :D
They're at http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~fc503/Lemmings/ and they're in .lvl format (because it's too much effort for me to put them in a pack, sorry!).

Problems I am aware of (may work fine on DOS Lemmings, though):
1. The exit on "short.lvl" is misplaced and I can't work out how to get it to work properly (I've tried putting it at a multiple of 4).
2. Lazy.lvl is crap. :P
3. on arrows.lvl and pillar.lvl, the arrows allow bashing the wrong way (iirc); this seems to be a problem with lemedit miscoding it, and may work fine under DOS.

Let me know if these work and/or if they're too easy! Thanks! :D

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone test my levels?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 06:51:48 PM »
The reason for the OWWs not working is that their Index (Z-Ordinal) is higher than 15. All objects except for the entrance don't work with a Z-Ordinal higher than 15. Also, the exit in level 'Pillar' is not accessable as the trigger area lies too high.

Overall, a nice set of interesting levels with a couple of them would suit the remake very well.
I quite like the idea of 'Fiery', but my favourites are 'Diamond' and 'Lapland', with 'Pillar' and 'Arrows' following. The former two, especially the first, took me some figuring. I think 'Arrows' has a couple of possible solutions, and 'Pillar' has a backroute going through under the pillar. 'Magic' uses a very nice idea, but the solution is not as interesting.

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 12:07:47 PM »
The reason for the OWWs not working is that their Index (Z-Ordinal) is higher than 15. All objects except for the entrance don't work with a Z-Ordinal higher than 15. Also, the exit in level 'Pillar' is not accessable as the trigger area lies too high.
OK, thanks, I thought it might be something like that. This is Lemedit's fault, though, not mine (I think!). I can change these things with hexedit or something anyway.

Overall, a nice set of interesting levels with a couple of them would suit the remake very well.
I quite like the idea of 'Fiery', but my favourites are 'Diamond' and 'Lapland', with 'Pillar' and 'Arrows' following. The former two, especially the first, took me some figuring. I think 'Arrows' has a couple of possible solutions, and 'Pillar' has a backroute going through under the pillar. 'Magic' uses a very nice idea, but the solution is not as interesting.
Cool! "Magic" was only ever about the concept, to be honest. I meant to add some more scenery and stuff as well actually, and I might change the solution to be more interesting.

"Diamond" and "Fiery" are the two that I designed most recently; does that mean I'm getting better at it? :wink: (The others were all designed originally about a year ago and I only got around to implementing most of them recently. In fact you should be able to see the dates in the directory listing, actually)

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »
How would I go about getting these "put in the remake" then?