Author Topic: Tetris Attack  (Read 7167 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Tetris Attack
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 12:54:17 AM »
FINALLY

40: 1'21:37

This took so long because... well, of how my mind works in solving these things. Can't explain it better without giving anything away on it. Absolutely brilliant puzzle. My favorite in the set. I mean, you had me going off on so many paths and it was just... THERE. And it makes perfect sense, looking back.

Overall, my three favorites in order were 40, 27, and 36. As expected, my favorite two were the last two I got, heh.

Now, back on 37's intended answer.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2006, 10:46:17 AM »
Congratulations!!!? :cool:? You don't need to explain why it took so long..... it's hard to notice that it's even possible for the four reds to end up horizontally, right?? :tongue:

Now, for Isu, here's the intended solution to #15:
1. Blue in bottom-left corner to left
2. Green on top row to left
3. Green on far right to left (swap with blue)

EvilWeevil

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »
Are you guys talking about the Gameboy version of Tetris Attack or the SNES version? Because since this sounds like a fun game, and it also seems apparent that you can make levels (my favourite pastime) I'll probably download it.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2006, 05:11:24 PM »
Well, ya. I actually discounted that as impossible. Twice.  :XD:

For 36, I meant to check a 4-move solution to the puzzle with the red and yellow initially switched out, not a 3-move.

Seriously though that set overall was incredibly enjoyable to play. Especially since I had a... somewhat difficult... week last week, the puzzle set got my mind off of the events of that week.

I'm working on a 60 stage set (listed as 1.1-6.T) and I'll have it done... well, it may be a while. You should download the level editor -- I quite enjoy working on puzzle mode type levels.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2006, 08:16:58 PM »
Now, for Isu, here's the intended solution to #15: Blah, Blah, Blah

So #15 is indeed easier than #14 (well, in my mind anyway. :wink:)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 11:38:42 AM »
I find #14 easier because it has a set of four objects -- the possibilities are much fewer for four objects than five, and that helps you work out what you have to do.

Also, could you tell me your solution for #11 that you don't think is the intended one?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »
For 36, I meant to check a 4-move solution to the puzzle with the red and yellow initially switched out, not a 3-move.

Sorry.

Well, I had a look and I don't think it's possible, but I can't prove it for certain.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2006, 12:00:00 PM »
How strange, it seems that I've just found the intended solution to #11, and I can't remember my old one. I know it was unintended, because it was only possible by moving while other pieces were still clearing.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2006, 03:08:56 PM »

Sorry.

Well, I had a look and I don't think it's possible, but I can't prove it for certain.

I've definitely verified that one solution exists, but I'm hoping that it's unique -- if so, I have a puzzle for my own set, assuming you don't mind a puzzle similar to yours being in my set.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2006, 04:15:34 PM »
I'll have to see if I can resurrect my analysis engine in my free time this week so I can verify that.  :laugh:

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 03:58:39 AM »
A game with this title has been released for the SNES. Haven't played it, though. Don't know if it's the same one you're talking about.