Author Topic: Reply page limit  (Read 3562 times)

Conway

Reply page limit
« on: July 25, 2004, 06:29:28 PM »
One of the biggest problems I noticed garjen has with YABB is that, when replying to a very long thread, the entire thread is displayed below the massage box. The problem here is that it can take a while to load, and therefore, the longer a topic is, the longer it takes to reply, especially for those with dial-up. I noticed we are starting to have this problem in the Lemming Level List Game, and it's even worse with pictures.

So, is it possible to set the length of the reply page to a limited number of posts - say 10 or 20? It would be good, too, if they were in reverse order.

Andi

Re: Reply page limit
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 08:55:08 PM »
Thanks for telling me. With 2mbit DSL you can't see that ^^.
But I couldn't see an option to disable or lower the posts in the list. I'm sorry. But maybe there's another solution. Or it's because the server of this forum is located in Germany and you live in England. And I read that this server isn't the fastest (but not the slowest) in Pearl.

Conway

Re: Reply page limit
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 11:05:42 PM »
Well, there's not much of a problem yet, but you should try replying to the puzzles topic in garjen, and then multiply the wait by at least 10 to compensate for slower broardband or dial-up connections, to see the problems it could cause in the future! :-/