Author Topic: why does the Mod Feature not always work with the Sega Styles  (Read 1862 times)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
why does the Mod Feature not always work with the Sega Styles
« on: September 25, 2020, 04:13:11 AM »
RE: Tsyu

I'm currently converting Pacguy765 Challenge pack from Lemmini to Superlemmini. Its seems like there's always problems with the Sega Styles for some reason. Also I like using the MOD feature
whenever there are styles for a pack as I don't want to override the main set.

Now here's what my Superlemmini folder looks like.
Superlemmini
    mods
       Pacguy765 Challenge Pack
         styles
            folder names of styles
               actual styles (ie name of style.ini (ie sega), and all the .gifs)
   levels
       Pacguy765 Challenge Pack
            levelnames.ini
            levelpack.ini
-------------------------------------------------------
Also I added the line: mods = Pacguy765 Challenge Pack to the levelpack.ini file

But my question is Why is the sega style for his pack not working when I use the Mod feature? It will work outside of the mods folder ie
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Superlemmini folder
                                                                                                                                                                                                        styles folder
                                                                                                                                                                                                          names of styles (ie sega)
                                                                                                                                                                                                               actual name of style.ini and the gifs for each style.

It always seems to affect the Sega Styles for some reason. when I play the sega levels the lemmings just ignore most of the terrain. (Ie level 7 of his pack, the lemmings hatch straight down and
die, don't even land on the terrain. But this only happens when using it inside the mods folder)             

Note: and it is recognizing the mod folder because if I leave the line in the levelpack.ini but remove it from the mod folder it will crash. so I know it's seeing the Mod folder but it just fails with the
         Sega styles.                                                                                                                                                                               

« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 05:44:05 AM by ericderkovits »

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: why does the Mod Feature not always work with the Sega Styles
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 03:55:03 AM »
Do you still have this conversion with the non-working mod? If you do, could you send it to me so I can determine the problem?

You say that the lemming ignore most of the terrain in the Sega styles. Does this happen only when trying to load the style as part of a mod, or does it also happen if the style is loaded from the main styles folder? In either case, I'm guessing the problem is somehow caused by the styles not having separate terrain masks, but that shouldn't cause any problems if the style names are different from those of the ones included with SuperLemmini.