Author Topic: Lemmini download not working on new computer! Very frustrating!  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
Lemmini download not working on new computer! Very frustrating!
« on: January 27, 2020, 05:59:42 AM »
The download is successful, but when I go to do the source extraction it's like my computer suddenly forgets that my 'downloads' folder has any contents! The browse function shows a completely empty folder, and if I try to type it all out by hand it tells me the source path does not exist. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix to this? (This is a Dell laptop on the most recent Windows.)
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemmini download not working on new computer! Very frustrating!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 06:55:53 AM »
Never heard of this but not many people use Lemmini nowadays either.  If I have to guess, either the browser saved your downloads to a different folder than you are expecting, or something isn't working correctly with Lemmini's browse function.  For the former, many browsers have an option to open the folder the downloaded file is located in, rather than opening the file itself.  This would open a Windows File Explorer window already navigated to folder in question, from which you can, for example, copy and paste the folder path to match it when you are using the browse function of Lemmini.

Out of curiosity, what exactly did you type when you try typing it all out by hand?

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 08:34:26 PM »
I had typed out what would have been the exact source path. If I just open 'my PC' (not via Lemmini extractor browse function) I can read it through all the way as C:\Users\[myname]\Downloads\Lemmings_95 (or something similar to this). I think there must just be some issue with the Lemmini extractor. Perhaps some unforeseen glitch if there haven't been updates to Lemmini in awhile?
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 12:51:36 AM »
Any chance [myname] has spaces or other unusual non-alphanumeric characters?  Maybe there's a bug with Lemmini's extractor browse function for such cases?

Where is Lemmini.exe (or whatever that file is, .jar maybe?) itself located?  Maybe you'll have better luck if you move your Lemmings_95 folder to same folder where Lemmini's own file resides.  Or, putting it under the root of drive (ie. c:\) might also work.  Are there any folders that do actually show up as non-empty in Lemmini?