Author Topic: christmas is coming.  (Read 14743 times)

Lomay

Re: christmas is coming.
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 09:31:30 PM »
the poll has now closed.

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 04:04:59 PM »
I'm not exactly Christian, but I still celebrate Christmas because I enjoy it. Decorating the tree, meeting up with family I don't normally see, the class party at school, Christmas break...  :D

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2005, 11:14:31 PM »
Go Christmas!

Dunno what I'm getting, but probably Mario Kart DS (like everyone else  :P)
I'll also be getting a lot of money, so I can go buy whatever I don't get.

But more importantly, I enjoy sitting by a window, watching the snow fall on Christmas Eve while listening to techno remixes of Xmas songs. XD

Lomay

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2005, 10:14:02 AM »
Quote from: Mr. Ksoft link=1133378894/30#32 date=1133738071
Go Christmas!

Dunno what I'm getting, but probably Mario Kart DS (like everyone else &#A0;:P)

But more importantly, I enjoy sitting by a window, watching the snow fall on Christmas Eve while listening to techno remixes of Xmas songs. XD
mario kart DS is a good game but i'm not buying it, because i might too much people from around the world asking to play with me &#A0;:P

sorry, forgot to put the word game in ^^;

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2005, 10:33:14 PM »
Quote from: DragonsLover link=1133378894/15#18 date=1133467989
I will only have two weeks of vacations. I only know one gift: A big book of dragons! ;D
I really don't know what could I receive! This is a surprise! And this is what I like! What an excitment! :)

what's the book called, is it like an encyclopedia or a book with a plot about dragons? i read some good books centered around dragons recently.

Jazzem

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2005, 11:17:27 PM »
Quote from: Lomay link=1133378894/30#33 date=1133777642
Go Christmas!

Dunno what I'm getting, but probably Mario Kart DS (like everyone else  :P)

mario kart DS is a good game but i'm not buying it, because i might too much people from around the world asking to play with me  :P

Erm, and that's a bad thing?

Let me know your friend code when/if you get it Ksoft, we can't go wrong with a few matches :)

Lomay

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005, 06:40:13 AM »
Quote from: Jazzem link=1133378894/30#35 date=1133824647
Quote from: Lomay link=1133378894/30#33 date=1133777642
Go Christmas!

Dunno what I'm getting, but probably Mario Kart DS (like everyone else &#A0;:P)

mario kart DS is a good game but i'm not buying it, because i might too much people from around the world asking to play with me &#A0;:P

Erm, and that's a bad thing?

Let me know your friend code when/if you get it Ksoft, we can't go wrong with a few matches :)
ok then ^^;

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2005, 03:20:04 PM »
Quote from: dumb_lem link=1133378894/30#34 date=1133821994
Quote from: DragonsLover link=1133378894/15#18 date=1133467989
I will only have two weeks of vacations. I only know one gift: A big book of dragons! ;D
I really don't know what could I receive! This is a surprise! And this is what I like! What an excitment! :)

what's the book called, is it like an encyclopedia or a book with a plot about dragons? i read some good books centered around dragons recently.

Really? Tell me more about these books! [smiley=laugh.gif]

My book is a French book (but exists in english because it is translated) called: "L'encyplod&#E9;die des dragons" and the second book that adds to the first one is "Petit manuel de dragonologie".

Anyway, it's all around the term "dragonology".

EDIT: There is is: Link. The book's called: "Dragonology : The Complete Book of Dragons" and the next one: Link is called: "Dragonology Handbook : A Practical Course in Dragons". Strange, the handbook isn't similar to the French version (well, the cover)!

Oh! I even seen that there's a calendar. Sweeeet! But I don't know if it exists in French. I wish! ::)

French versions here: Complete Book and Handbook

Or maybe it isn't the same book for the handbook... I don't think!
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Isu

• View Profile
christmas is coming? Really, I hadn't noticed.
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2005, 11:42:42 PM »

Snow falls on Christmas Eve? Since when?

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2005, 02:49:12 PM »
I have those, books, Dragonslover, but they're the English ones. They rule.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2005, 09:32:19 PM »
Chmera: Sweet, sweet, sweet! ;D

Andi

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2005, 10:15:43 PM »
Ah, christmas. Haha! If I get presents, I'll get them one day earlier because in Germany we celebrate on christmas eve. ^^ Anyway I don't really care about the presents. And so I have no wishes. (It's always interesting to see what the others thought what MIGHT interest me. Last year it was a bunch of tools. xD But it was usefull.) And I also don't care about christmas. On christmas is a much murdered, looted and raped as on every other day in the year. And with every present I buy I support the fact that the rich people are getting more fat und the poor peaple are starving. (Reminds me of the story 'the little girl and the matches'.) So I don't buy presents. And as I don't want someone to buy me prsents I have no bad feeling about this. I always wonder about the people with the urge to buy ANYTHING just to to give it away.

Btw, amazing how many religions are present here. (I'm not sure what I might be called. Especially because I change my mind with every new fact I learn.)

@DL: Is there still something you can actually LEARN about dragons? xD

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2005, 08:45:05 PM »
@DL: Is there still something you can actually LEARN about dragons? xD

;D No, these books are just for fun. I can imagine everything I want on them and no books will TEACH me about them! This is just for fun, for the imagination! Also, there are good drawings inside!

Some books, however, are about the dragons in legends and myths and there I learn the stories from all around the world. This is different!

About the presents, this isn't the contain that is important, but the action. If you like someone, the present is kinda a proof that you like him and that you think about him often. It doesn't require to be very expensive. Unfortunately, this isn't the same thinking for all the people.

Jazzem

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2005, 09:15:32 PM »
I always wonder about the people with the urge to buy ANYTHING just to to give it away.

It's the whole satisfaction of it, and to show someone you care. The feeling I had when my cousin was opening up his wrapped SNES (courtesy of me, of course) was one that can't be experienced anywhere else. Of course, I understand your views, but that's the reason I and many others give.

drumnbach

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2005, 01:06:22 AM »
Yep. In fact I always find it easier to buy things for other people than to buy something for myself. I never know what I want; I can make do with the basics.