Author Topic: Lemming walk cycle  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Voxy

• View Profile
Lemming walk cycle
« on: December 27, 2018, 04:14:48 AM »
Hey y'all! I decided to dabble in the wonderful world of animation, and what better way to start than to animate a familiar lil' green-haired guy walking?

The animation was done in DragonBones, and the image assets were created on Photoshop, based off screenshots of the mobile game.
I should point out that it's my second attempt at making this animation. The first one used a different design, closer to my recently posted fan-art and... well, suffice to say that I had no idea what I was doing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But the second attempt was, as you can see, much more successful! I think it turned out heaps better than I would've thought, and I hope you like it too!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: Lemming walk cycle
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 09:58:10 PM »
Hmm, the first one didn't seem so bad to me either.  If anything, the second one's hair feels to me like maybe it's moving a bit much for a leisurely walk, and together with the apparently faster animation cycle, it almost feels like the second lemming is running rather than walking.  Still, both are way better than anything I could put together, so keep it up! ;)

Offline Voxy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 11:07:21 PM »
Hmm, the first one didn't seem so bad to me either.  If anything, the second one's hair feels to me like maybe it's moving a bit much for a leisurely walk, and together with the apparently faster animation cycle, it almost feels like the second lemming is running rather than walking.  Still, both are way better than anything I could put together, so keep it up! ;)

Thank you! I guess the additional frames per second contributes to the effect! As for the hair, I just wanted it to feel cartoony, kind of like the early sprites:

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 09:48:44 AM »
Very nice, thanks for sharing!
Yeah, the hair bounce is rather unnatural in the first attempt. :P It's exaggerated in the second, but it's actually fluid, so I like it!