Author Topic: Lumiva Legacy  (Read 6265 times)

Offline Plom510

• View Profile
Lumiva Legacy
« on: August 28, 2018, 07:00:04 AM »

Lumiva Legacy is a fast paced exploration platformer about two young multivas, Alex "Bingo" Rivero and Salamon Avery, on their journey to stop the evil Darth and his troops from invading his home, Neuo Town. Bingo and Salamon will have to put their skills to the test to conquer many challenges, defeat countless foes, and explore exotic locations with their various abilities and the help of Elemental Charges!

Features
Bingo can perform a Kick Flip or Spin Attack to take care of airborne enemies. He can Spin Kick enemies or Roll into them on the ground and gain extra speed down hills. His Splash Bounce allows him to get back to the air while achieving a greater height. Bingo is also able to utilize his Aqua Dash ability when he needs to keep things moving or Aqua Boost to maintain a top speed.

Elemental Charges can be found throughout each level. However, in order to gain the full effects of the charges, you will have to be at full health. Do not worry as for every 20 coins you collect, a small portion of your health will be refilled. This mechanic also works as a psuedo-shield you're at full health. If you collect a charge with less than full health, it will simply act as a health refill, so plan accordingly.

Controls
Keyboard
Z - Jump
X - Action
C - Special

Controller (Xbox)
A - Jump
X - Action
Y - Special

As Bingo
Jump (air) - Kick Flip
Action - Spin Kick
Down + Action - Roll
Action (air) - Spin Attack
Down + Action (air) - Splash Bounce
Special - Aqua Dash/Aqua Boost/Aqua Burst

Elemental Charges
There are four unique Charges you can find during your journey.
  • Electric
  • Wind
  • Water
  • Fire
Each charge will modify the moves and properties of Bingo.

Effects of the Elemental Charges
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Screenshots
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Music
Menu Theme
Verdant Valley
Foreboding Format
Rustic Ruins

Credits
Darian Gonzalez (Plom510)
Lead Programmer, Pixel Art, Music, Concept Art
voice of Alex "Bingo" Rivero

Roman Heus
Additional Programming

Myuu
Pixel Art, Concept Art

Kreg Heckel
Concept Art

Andrew Wallace (GigaLem)
Pixel Art, Concept Art

JamoART
Artwork

Cocoshii Productions
Music

Download
Demo v0.1.8 [YYC]
Demo v0.1.8 [Non-YYC] (Download this if you have issues running the YYC build)

Any and all feedback will be appreciated. If you are interesting in keeping up with the project, you may follow me on Twitter.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:08:55 AM by Plom510 »

Offline Plom510

• View Profile
Re: Lumiva Legacy
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 01:45:03 AM »
Hey all!

I have a small update to share today. This is an early look at the fourth stage of Lumiva Legacy, Rustic Ruins!

The Rustic Ruins stage starts you off in a forest under a beautiful night sky. In the distance, you can see one of the few temples that are around, but further along in the stage, you can expect to see more ruins and even explore one!

As stated, this is an early screenshot so some things may change during the development of this stage. As to why I said this is the fourth stage, I am going to work on new content out of order since I may be inspired to work on other things along the way. Regardless, this should not be an issue as I would like to continue to make more progress in any way I can. I do appreciate any and all feedback so feel free to comment and ask questions regarding the project.

Offline Plom510

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 06:07:36 AM »
Here's a quick follow-up to my Rustic Ruins announcement. My composer has recently completed the theme for the stage. You can check out the music here.

Offline Nessy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:38:58 PM »
Hi Plom510,

I tried out the demo and I have to say that I was really impressed with it. Well done :thumbsup: My favorite level was the second factory-ish one but I loved the art style and music in both levels. The controls also felt very smooth and I honestly don't have anything negative to say. Keep up the good work!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 12:57:57 AM »
I tried it out too and can say the same thing: was very impressed. The controls felt pretty smooth and easy to figure out. I only played the first level so far but it was fun. The special moves are pretty cool. Nothing stood out as particularly bad.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain