Author Topic: Lemmings Plus VI - Development Topic [87.50%]  (Read 1971 times)

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus VI - Development Topic [87.50%]
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2018, 09:25:10 pm »
We've hit 70 levels (and all remaining empty slots are in Sane; though it's possible to shuffle levels around if need be), so the first (near-)complete test version has now been sent to testers. :)

It's getting closer now!
My released level packs:
Lemmings Plus Series | Doomsday Lemmings

Offline nin10doadict

• Guy who constantly misses the obvious
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2018, 03:27:08 pm »
...I find it funny that the easy levels are the ones that you've ended up making last. I have a sneaking suspicion that good easy levels are harder for some people to make... :D

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2018, 09:51:16 pm »
...I find it funny that the easy levels are the ones that you've ended up making last. I have a sneaking suspicion that good easy levels are harder for some people to make... :D

That is part of it, but I also decided to deliberately keep some early slots open, so that if needed, I can use them to add tutorial levels for tricks used in some of the harder levels. There's also some degree of leniency here - several early-Loopy levels would work just as well in late-Sane, so I can always move things around a bit if I do end up making another harder level.

Anyway, I've got two sets of replays back from testers now - one covering all of Manic and Delirious, and one covering half of Manic + all of Delirious. I haven't watched the latter yet (a bit burnt out, will check them later today), but the former alone has unearthed 9 backroutes, two borderline cases, and three (non-backroute) new alternate solutions; plus a graphical oddity in one level. :D I likely won't get around to making any fixes until a bit later in the week, though - likely to have some busy days coming up, plus there's little point rushing since I'll need to wait until the current contest ends anyway.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 05:42:17 am by namida »
My released level packs:

Online namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2018, 08:32:45 pm »
Now that I've actually watched those sets (and a third, which doesn't overlap the other two much - it has a few Manic replays and one from Delirious, but it's mostly Sane and Loopy), even more backroutes, yay - including that someone actually managed to backroute a Sane level! (Though I suppose it's to be expected this will happen occasionally with easier levels once they start being "easy puzzles" rather than "any way you like X-of-everything levels".)

Aside from that, a few very interesting (acceptable) alternate solutions have popped up too. :D As ya'll may have noticed (especially the testers), I'm being a lot more lenient with what's an acceptable solution or not in LPVI - whereas with LPV and LPO2 I often insisted "it must be the exact intended solution, or at most, a very slight variation of it", with LPVI my standard is generally "as long as the solution isn't significantly easier than the intended one, it's fine" on most levels - there are a few levels where I might expect a specific trick to be used, or even an entire specific solution, but most levels are a lot more open-ended than in previous recent packs from me.
My released level packs: