Other Lemmings Projects > Lemmini

Graphic set not found/All folders are empty

(1/7) > >>

chrisleec728:
I don't know if this has been answered or not (didn't feel like sorting through all of the comments), but I'm still having trouble getting Superlemmini to work on my desktop (extracting the files and all that). For one thing I think I keep getting an error message that says "The graphic set .dat could not be found" or something like that. I use Windows 7, I do know how to use NeoLemmix and I do have the Windows CD. Is there any way I can get detailed step-by-step installation instructions on how to install Lemmini and/or Superlemmini? The actual Lemmini website doesn't seem to do that.

Tsyu:
Before you can set up SuperLemmini, you need the Windows version of Lemmings. If you don't have it, then you can either get it through sites like eBay or find the files somewhere (sorry, I can't tell you where).

Once you have it, you need to follow these steps:

* If the game files are in a ZIP file or some other kind of archive, extract them somewhere, preferably to a folder called WINLEMM. You should now have a folder named WINLEMM that at least contains folders named GFX, LEVEL, MUSIC, SOUND, and STYLES.
* Run SuperLemmini.
* You should eventually be prompted to enter two paths. For the "Lemmings for Windows (WINLEMM) Path," enter the folder that contains the five folders that I mentioned earlier. For the "Destination Path," enter where you want to install the SuperLemmini files. (If SuperLemmini is not already installed, this should be a folder that either is empty or only contains superlemmini.jar.
* Click the Extract button.
If you still get an error, please tell me the exact error message so that I can figure out what's going wrong.

chrisleec728:
As I said before, I have the CD, but after I try to extract them to the WINLEMM folder (which already existed with the CD with the other five folders you mentioned), it spits out my CD tray and tells me to "please insert a (writable) disc into drive E:."

Tsyu:
What exactly do you mean by "extract them to the WINLEMM folder"? If you're entering the WINLEMM folder into the "Destination Path" field, then please read and follow my previous post carefully. When SuperLemmini asks for paths, the "Lemmings for Windows (WINLEMM) Path" needs to be the WINLEMM folder, and the "Destination Path" needs to be a separate folder specifically for SuperLemmini (not the WINLEMM folder!).

chrisleec728:
First off, by the "game files" I'm assuming you're referring to the ones on the Windows CD rather than SuperLemmini. By "extract them to the WINLEMM folder" I'm referring to what you said in step 1, not step 5. Attempting to complete that step is where it spits out the tray and tells me to insert the disc, and I therefore don't get to step 2 (run SuperLemmini) or step 3 (entering the two paths). It appears that I already have the WINLEMM folder with the five subfolders that came with the game, so it seems like I ought to just go right to step 2. Do I have to create a new folder with the same name? I'm sorry I'm so confused.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version