Author Topic: Weird error thing  (Read 6982 times)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
Weird error thing
« on: September 16, 2005, 07:19:53 PM »
I was making a lemmings level.  Then I went to test it, and I'd been testing it about twenty times before, but now  the objects were misplaced and some of their frames would cascade dowm the screen.  I have about 10 objects, 200 terrain pieces, and 28 steel areas.  Any help?

Conway

Re: Weird error thing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 09:55:52 PM »
Could it be a corrupted graphics file? Try redownloading the game and import your level to that.

Out of curiosity, is it LedEdit or Cheapo? The suggestion goes for either.

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 05:59:11 PM »
It's not a corrupted graphics file.  I know this because I tried other levels.  Actually I removed some steel areas and that caused it to work again.  It's probably something similar to the max terrain piece error, only it happens even when you're not reaching the maximum steel areas allowed!  Too bad.  I could use about four more.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 11:14:41 PM »
Maybe, although if I remember correctly, there shouldn't be an analog of the 400-terrain-piece issue for steel areas, the game should stop after the 32nd piece of steel.

I'm more inclined to think that maybe one or more of the steel areas were outside the level boundaries, and so removing them fixed the problem.

Next time something like this happens, I'm willing to look at the level data to try to pinpoint exactly what's causing the issue.