Author Topic: LEM-off! An idea, of sorts  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Hypotenuse

• View Profile
LEM-off! An idea, of sorts
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:05:22 AM »
First off, forgive me if this has been done before. I know full-game playthroughs aren't new per se, (RTW stream is coming to mind) but I just got this thought the other day of a 2-person (or more, I suppose) Lem-off. Basically, both players get on a skype call and begin playing at the same time on the same port, and whoever completes the game first wins. (I'd suggest just using the Lemmini version, but I suppose any could work.)

I understand this might be logistically difficult to stream on Twitch or similar, due to the multiple-screens thing, but I'm betting that could somehow be worked out. Another possibility that occurred to me is just opening it up to an en masse Skype call, thus allowing for as many participants as possible.

The other potential issue coming to mind is timing, as the world is rather large and contains many time zones, :) but again, I suspect this could be worked out.

Just thought I'd float this idea and see if anyone found it interesting. Open to any and all questions, concerns, criticisms, or propositions.

Take good care of my Lemmings!
-Hyp
I am the dude who pauses the level to hear the new level music. Also, backroutes are the best routes.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: LEM-off! An idea, of sorts
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 11:55:31 AM »
People can correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm pretty sure something like this had been done a few times already, both on one of the official Lemmings games as well as on people's custom level packs.  More precisely, a selected part of the game (eg. one rating) or levelpack--doing the whole thing probably takes too long for everyone involved.  Search the forum for mentions of twitch streaming--obviously not all cases are for this kind of thing, but I'm guessing you should find a few cases that are.  I expect more of this kind of thing will happen every now and then.

Offline DoubleU

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 10:37:41 PM »
Or, even better, Xmas Lemmings or a different minigame.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 10:56:05 PM »
Simon and geoo have been racing L2, QFK custom pack  for over a month now. They've streamed it several times now. Check Simon or geoo's twitch page.

https://www.twitch.tv/simonnaar/videos/all
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain