Author Topic: Start always with first style in list [EDITOR] [SUGGESTION]  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Start always with first style in list [EDITOR] [SUGGESTION]
« on: April 11, 2017, 06:30:41 PM »
Upon starting the lastest editor version, an empty level appears. The style of this level is however randomly chosen. I prefer instead, that the default style is always the first one in the style list.
The random choice is particularly annoying if a style with large background images is chosen, and the editor takes another second or so to load this background image and display it on the level area.

Online Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Start always with first style in list [EDITOR] [SUGGESTION]
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 06:32:50 PM »
Why not start with a dialogue box prompting you to open a level or start one in a style of your choice?

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 06:41:13 PM »
Why do we need another new dialogue box? Prehaps the user first wants to position the instepctor window somewhere, resize the editor window, ...? How is your suggestion faster than the current way? If I want to load a level, I click Crtl+O (and so don't have to search for a button to click) or open the level property window (which I will need anyway) and choose my style there.
In my opinion creating an empty level at the beginning is good design, because it lets you directly drop some pieces into a level and offers high flexibility over what you may do next.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 01:39:38 PM »
Reverted this change for the next update.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)