Author Topic: Lix 0.6.39 released  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Lix 0.6.39 released
« on: March 18, 2017, 08:52:15 AM »
Hi,

Edit 2017-08: Lix 0.6 has been obsoleted by Lix 0.8.

First time here? See Lix homepage: Basic info and screenshot

:lix-cool: Download for Windows
:lix: Download for Linux (built on Arch 64-bit)
:lix-evil: Source code
:8(): Changelog
:8:()[: Issue tracker

Post bugs and ideas in a separate topic, or file issues on github.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:00:50 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.6.30 released
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:22:23 AM »
Lix 0.6.28 was released in mid-March 2017.
  • Networking mode is ready to test.
  • Ships with the lemforum community pack, NepsterLix, and Rubix's singleplayer levels.
  • Physics are the same 0.6.x physics we've had since summer 2016.
  • Removed buggy option to untrap mouse with fast movement. Use Alt+Tab to free the mouse.
  • Many small things, see changelog above.
Lix 0.6.30 released.
  • Probably fix #177: Multiplayer or state-loaded singleplayer produced outdated land, even though physics were correct. Copying the land without transparency should fix that.
  • Fix #184: Observing players don't add colors to the game. There is still a bug with observers: The can assign skills, changing their own replay, even though others won't interpret these assignments.
  • Fix #179: Unfocus lobby chat when a game starts. This fixes a crash.
  • Fix #178: Don't flash the R for replaying during multiplayer.
  • Fix #185: Hotkeyed zoom during multiplayer, even without on-screen button.
  • Fix #171: Editor's Terrain browser doesn't upscale small tiles.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 09:44:53 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.6.31 released
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 10:51:24 PM »
Lix 0.6.31 released.
  • Fix #186: Observers can't assign skills even locally.
  • Fix #58: Option to keep replay actions after framestepping backwards over them, this is enabled by default. mobius likes to remove them on framestepping.
  • Don't float-downscale UI CutbitElements, always display at integer scale >= 1.
  • Removed images/matt/oriental/dragon.png. That tile was huge, clashed in style with other pieces, and is nowhere used.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:40:29 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.6.32 released
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 03:07:32 AM »
Lix 0.6.32 released.
  • Partly fix #182: Draw a rudimentary exploder flame over the lix's head in multiplayer. I don't draw a fuse yet, and I don't examine the spritesheet for the exact eye position.
  • Fix #190: Override "asdfasdf.ethz.ch" with "lixgame.com" in outdated config files left behind by C++ Lix.
-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.6.33 released
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 05:42:47 AM »
Lix 0.6.33 released.
  • Fix #182: Timed exploders in multiplayer have wiggling, burning fuses. I examine the spritesheet for the eye position. The fuse burns slow at the beginning, then faster when it's short, for visibility.
  • Fix #193: Most opponents' sounds aren't played. Opponents' deaths still play sounds. Baseball bats play sounds as long as own lix are involved.
  • Fix #168: Server resets all room data once a room is empty, and deallocates the level. Before, you could find old levels when entering a new room.
  • NaOH's forest exit has animated candles. Physics remain identical.
  • Singleplayer nuke buttons don't have a red background anymore. I want to redesign multiplayer nuke buttons, e.g., by printing overtime on them.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 12:58:20 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.6.34 released
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 12:57:48 AM »
Lix 0.6.34 released.
  • Fix #192: While you are in the multiplayer level browser, incoming console messages don't overwrite the browser anymore.
  • Fix #194: Show both the score bar graph and the tape recorder buttons when you watch a saved multiplayer replay. See attachment.
  • Fix #195: Client shows version mismatch in their console when they attempt to connect to a server running an incompatible version. Versions X.Y.Z are compatible iff they have the same X and the same Y. The patch version Z doesn't matter.
  • Fixed asserts in the delayed exploder code. Undelayed, lix explode in the next fame following their assignment. Delayed exploders explode in the 75-th-next frame after the assignment, this is 74 frames later than undelayed.
  • Removed my desert tileset (images/simon/desert). It has become unacceptable MS-Paint programmer art. Almost nobody used it. The levels "Hrududu" and "Group Therapy" used it for decoration, I have re-decorated them in similar style. The asymmetric multiplayer maps "Shine On You Crazy Lix" used desert for the main terrain. I won't ship these until they're redesigned; this is a good opportunity to fix the advantage of the higher-spawning players.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 04:44:44 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.6.35 released
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 04:45:35 PM »
Lix 0.6.35 released.
  • Fix #180: Chat during play implemented.
  • Fix #181: Chat message length is unlimited. The entry box scrolls along.
  • Fix #183: Multiplayer panel shows only number of saved, not any requirement. We can still improve this later, e.g., by showing the score of the best opponent.
  • Fix #146: Skill arrows scale only once. There are only 1x-zoomed arrows, they are drawn straight to the map, then scroll and zoom along with the terrain. Maybe GUI-scaled arrows should move as GUI components along with the scrolling, but that would be very hard and force frequent total redraws.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 09:53:43 AM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.6.37 released
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 09:53:20 AM »
Lix 0.6.37 released.
  • Re-enable the option to untrap mouse with fast movement. Default is off, i.e., always keep the mouse inside the window. The option has always worked well on Windows. I've worked around some of the problems on Linux, where always-trapped mouse is still better.
  • Fix #197: Create a new level, never save, then instruct the editor to exit. When the editor asks about potential data loss, choose to save. The buttons in the save browser didn't work, the level was lost. This is now fixed.
  • Fix #198: When the editor inserts a tile from a browser, the new tile aligns to the grid.
  • Codebase builds with dmd 2.074.
-- Simon
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:48:18 PM by Simon »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Lix 0.6.39 released
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 12:41:42 PM »
Lix 0.6.39 released.

:lix-cool: Download for Windows
:lix: Download for Linux 64-bit
:lix-evil: Source code
:8(): Changelog
:8:()[: Issue tracker
  • The replay browser allows you to batch-verify all replays in the current directory. The results are printed on screen and to the logfile.
  • Fixed 3 backroutes in NepsterLix; the changed levels are A Day in Lixtown, House of the Mad Trickster, and No Matter What I Try.
This is not yet 0.7, we're still covering replays and deciding on physics. I'll be away for a week, have Nepster's backroute fixes in the meantime. :-)

-- Simon