Author Topic: The race against cliches  (Read 10210 times)

Leviathan

The race against cliches
« on: August 09, 2005, 05:16:44 PM »
I'm stuck on that level for about 10 years now...the solution on The Lemmings Solution somehow always fails for me (running out of time or lems splatting).

I heared about another solution existing,can someone tell me more?

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: The race against cliches
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 06:25:03 PM »
I know of two ways to beat the level:

1. &#A0;Set the release rate to about 40 and make the first lemming climb the right wall. &#A0;Make the next 18 lemmings climb and float when they are walking left. &#A0;The last lemming climbs up the right wall. &#A0;The first climber builds when he is walking again so that he hits his head and turns around. &#A0;He also builds up to the platform on his left and bashes through the wall when he gets to it. &#A0;The last lemming does many of the same things that the first does. &#A0;Watch the lemmings down below -- they have to bash through a wall. &#A0;When the first lemming is done bashing, make him dig onto the last pillar. &#A0;Make him build up to the exit. &#A0;Hopefully, everybody else should make it in time. &#A0;(This is similar to the solution posted on "The Lemmings Solution")

2. &#A0;(Clearly a backroute) Make the first lemming dig next to the first pillar, then bash just before he breaks through at the bottom of the screen. &#A0;He should go under all of the pillars. The top of the basher's tunnel should break through before the second-last pillar, but the basher should keep going. &#A0;At this point, make somebody bash through this pillar, then climb over the last one. &#A0;He will build up to the exit. &#A0;When the basher gets past the last pillar and the top of his tunnel breaks through again, make him build so he stops. &#A0;Time is still short here, so use the remaining builders to keep the lemmings from going back too far to the right.

Hope this helps.

JM

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 07:52:28 PM »
I can't remember how I completed the level.

Leviathan

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 07:57:16 PM »
For some reason I still can't beat this level...I always end up doing something wrong,somewhere in the level :(
Except from "Save me" it's the most difficult level from the original lemmings and onml which requires to be pixel-precise...

Offline finlay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 09:24:02 PM »
Quote from: Leviathan  link=1123607804/0#3 date=1127678236
For some reason I still can't beat this level...I always end up doing something wrong,somewhere in the level :(
Except from "Save me" it's the most difficult level from the original lemmings and onml which requires to be pixel-precise...

But on the playstation I got the last bit in one try... it slightly infuriates me cos I think it's been made easier (and I think the mac version is superior).

Leviathan

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 11:43:55 AM »
And still I haven't beaten it yet...the 3 minute time limit is just so mean :(

This level is far harder than FANL 2 or any level I've encountered in Genesis...

tseug

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 12:08:04 AM »
Hey.... I should try it some time. :) ;)