Author Topic: Hiroshima  (Read 7116 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Hiroshima
« on: August 09, 2005, 03:18:22 PM »
Of course you surely realised that it was a Japanese word... In fact, it's the name of a Japanese city where the first Nuclear Bomb exploded there, in 1945 at August 4th or 5th, don't remember.

I talked about this because there was a TV show that showed the horror and the chaos of this event. I was shocked to see that and I want your opinions about this. It has 60 years today.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Hiroshima
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 06:56:29 PM »
The Hiroshima bombing was a tragic event, in my opinion. &#A0;Although it resulted in victory in WWII, the bomb killed thousands of innocent people, including children. &#A0;I think that President Truman and other key American government and military leaders of the time should have considered the consequences before dropping such a deadly weapon. &#A0;I hope that nobody will have to face the death and destruction caused by nuclear weapons ever again.

To summarize, the only "nuke" that I ever want to see is the one in the Lemmings games! ;P

Andi

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 08:26:50 AM »
But even after the second bomb the japanese military leaders didn't wanted to surrender. That's what I call a strong will (or big stupidy). The the emperor told to make peace. Luckily, if he wouldn't I may couldn't read mangas now. xD

the guest

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 09:26:20 AM »
But I thought the U.S. only made 2 bombs?  So even if Japan didn't surrender after the 2nd one, there's still a chance that the war could've ended without having to create and deploy a 3rd bomb (which would've taken some time anyhow).  After all, at the point the bombs were used, the Japanese were already getting desperate (suicide missions were becoming their tactic).

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 04:04:47 PM »
What a sad event! :(

When I watched the TV show, I've seen a moment where a mother searched for her 6 years old child. He (I don't know if it was a girl or a boy) was half under the ground and a lot of remains of the buildings were on him. He shouted in Japanese and called his mother to help him. His mother was impossible to save him, remains were too heavy. Then the fire approached, we heared the child shout more and more... he suffered by being burned. Then, he died.

I have some shivers just writing this... :-(
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 07:13:37 PM »
Man, what a horrible way to go, especially for a six year old kid. I get shivers just reading it.

Andi

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 09:55:19 PM »
Quote from: the guest  link=1123600702/0#3 date=1123665980
But I thought the U.S. only made 2 bombs?  So even if Japan didn't surrender after the 2nd one, there's still a chance that the war could've ended without having to create and deploy a 3rd bomb (which would've taken some time anyhow).

From what I know they had more than just 2. And if Germany wasn't already defeated you would post in the LUDB right now.

Offline Liebatron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 07:24:31 PM »
 :o It says in my history book that the U.S made thousands of those things...No clue what you're going to do with thousands of nukes, blow up the world? You probably could...Scary.. U.S officials did consider this, they could have ended up with the same results but with millions of american lives lost too but I'm still not sure they made the right choice. If there was a choice to avoid this though, it probably would have been made before the war even started.

Andi

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 08:14:46 PM »
Some time ago a polititian in Germany suggested we need now one, too. O_o What an idiot. But it was declined by everyone else.

His reason: We aren't anymore under the shield of the US... Aha. When I go out I also take AK's with me.