Author Topic: [Suggestion][GST] Sound preview for Objects  (Read 1409 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
[Suggestion][GST] Sound preview for Objects
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:24:22 PM »
When choosing a sound for an object and you want to actually test hear it, you'll have to save the tileset first and test it out in the editor, which is slow and complicated for that simple task.

Why not have a sound test button there which allows you to hear the selected sound for test purposes right in the GST? ???

Right now I have no idea which of the "Custom Sounds 1-10" is which and no intent to try them out one by one using the editor method. As I would really like to know for example which one is the LP IV Space teleporter sound for the upcomming format change.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [Suggestion][GST] Sound preview for Objects
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 01:35:49 PM »
Custom Sounds is used to add your own sounds to a graphic set, not for extra default sounds that don't have a name.

Anyway, currently GSTool does not have any sound library included; though it shouldn't be too hard to include one. With that being said, it's likely the current GSTool will need to be either heavily modified or just outright replaced for new formats, unlike the other tools which could more easily be adapted to it, so I'm reluctant to make any major changes.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)