Author Topic: member Competition  (Read 9417 times)

tumble_weed

member Competition
« on: July 11, 2004, 02:04:29 PM »
Alright since we have new forums and stuff I think maybe we should have another competition...and I have a decent idea too...i hope this works...

it can be entered on lemedit...and i have a good reason too...because in cheapo you can make your own peices...which will make this competition too easy...so here are the rules

You have to make a level based on another member of the community...it can be ex-members and/or members from lemmings universe as well...

the levels have to resemble your chosen member...but you cannot make objects that form a face or body shape...the level that you make must represent the member by the characteristics of the pieces and the layout..

ie...if you're doing a hell level that might represent someone who is angry...or if you...or maybe if your level uses athletes it might mean that your member is athletic....etc...

but once you have done your level you have to post your justification of how it relates to your chosen member....so you can't just make a level and say "Yup...that's tumble weed" etc...

and it can't be a level you have already made...nor can it be an edit of an existing level...oh and one more obvious point...the level must actually be possible to complete...

;)

-Tumble Weed  B)

Retarded Chickenz

Re: member Competition
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 02:59:01 PM »
I have the evilest idea. ^_^

PS: You could allow Cheapo, and simply have a "No Custom Pieces" rule. Otherwise people without Windows 98 or earlier access are not able to enter, unless they use DOSBox and forget about using a mouse.

tumble_weed

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 03:01:59 PM »
ok fair enough cheapo is allowed but you have to use all original terrain/objects etc...

Conway

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 09:33:14 PM »
Sounds good! Do we send the level to you by e-mail or just upload it and post it here?

tumble_weed

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2004, 11:44:04 PM »
you can do either I'm not really fussed...but if you're going to fe-mail them send them to yuddah@hotmail.com

and also the levels will be voted by poll as per usual....but they should be judged....on

resemblance to your member and how you justify it
Design
Gameplay

and people should enter this....this is a good idea.... :P...

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 07:49:29 PM »
It's a good idea. I'll probably enter, if I have time, can think of something, and can manage to figure out where I stuck LemEdit or Cheapo :D

tumble_weed

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 06:22:03 AM »
bah...oh well another failed competition....meh...anyway I guess I'll just show my level I made of G3k...

http://www.angelfire.com/games4/thecave/G3k-tw.dat

and why it resembles him...because he's a bit weird and sometimes a random....and he's also hard...no wait ignore that o_o...etc...

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 03:55:19 PM »
I like the contest idea, actually, I'd just need to think of a level design that would fit a member of the forums? That, and I don't have much spare time anymore.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Conway

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 04:24:39 PM »
I'm not sure if this is what you were after, but here is my entry --> Link! (right cilck/save target)

tumble_weed

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 02:43:32 PM »
I was going to say you needed to explian why it resembles him...but...uh...

it's not exactly what I was looking for...I was thinking something more symbolic, but doesn't matter....

Conway

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 04:28:52 PM »
Ooo, I'm good at symbolic . . . Or at least, I think I am. I can't really submit more than one, though. :-/

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 06:15:42 PM »
I was thinking out making a gag level called "The Paris Hilton Level" which was symbolic, but that has NOTHING to do with the LU members. It is quite amusing, too, and has a fairly interesting message in it. (Not text, an implied message)
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

tumble_weed

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2004, 02:58:47 PM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1089554669/0#10 date=1090600132
Ooo, I'm good at symbolic . . . Or at least, I think I am. I can't really submit more than one, though. :-/

nah go for it...make another noone else is making levels XD

Steve...you're insane!

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2004, 03:12:45 AM »
I have no idea where my editors went. Err, anyhow, is this thing still open? If it is, I'll keep gravedigging. Otherwise I'll probably give up :P

Conway

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2004, 01:01:38 PM »
You can download LemEdit and Cheapo from many Lemmings sties. Check out Dragonslover's, for example!