Author Topic: hello  (Read 8907 times)

Offline NathanBros

• Luigi Time!!!
  • Plumber Expert
    • View Profile
    • VST Plugins Free Download
Re: hello
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 03:55:29 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forums Alexis, hope you enjoy the community here!
Luigi Time!!!
My blog: Sylenth1 VST Synth

Offline alexis9000

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »
First of all: Welcome to the forum! :)

So I assume you want to build your own pack if you want to use the Flexi Toolkit.

For the music: You actually just need to convert mp3 to OGG, as NeoLemmix also supports OGG's. Today a huge percentage of the custom tracks are in OGG format.

I assume that creating ranks, putting levels into them with the custom music included and maybe adding post/preview texts was self-explaining. (Levels Tab)
Also the general settings (Settings Tab) should not be the big problem I think.

So only to make sure:
- To manually add tilesets which are not the basic ones directly included in NeoLemmix (Graphic Sets tab)
- Put in all your music you wanna use + Maybe outsource some OGG tracks into a music pack if the nxp pack's file size is growing too big. (Musics tab) 
- If you want import some custom graphics like logos or fitting rank signs in png format (Other Data tab) (Optional as a pack can simply use the default ones)

When everything is ready: Save it as a SYSTEM.dat file and then build the nxp.

And yes the guide to properly using the tool needs to be updated on the NeoLemmix website!

Assuming that I have 2 ways of editing in my NeoLemmix editor, I presume maybe it would be possible one of them.

For example, what's the first thing that you do? What are the first graphics that you install with NeoLemmix when it comes to editing? I mean, Dirt, Marble, Fire, etc... I don't know if everyone of you did this, but my NeoLemmix does have L2 and L3 graphics (and I think some other graphics are even from the community) to download inside of the program. Because I downloaded all the possible graphics that are available to edit on the NeoLemmix site.

Now I ask you...assuming I have this? It's wrong to edit with these things? o.O I don't think so...

Good day NathanBros :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:03:13 PM by alexis9000 »

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
Why should it be wrong to edit with custom tilesets? I never said or indicated it in my post :lem-shocked:

With the underlined statement I just wanted to stress the following:

If you have downloaded all the tilesets, that's good. Then you should be able to play all levels created with them + create new levels with them.

A freshly downloaded NeoLemmix player only should have the original tilesets + the Lemmings Plus series ones. That means other players that may want to play your pack could not be able to play it, because they are missing some of the custom tilesets you used.

---> That's why you need to add them (the .dat files) into your Pack in this tab (Graphics sets tab). This ensures that every NeoLemmix player can/should be able play your pack, regardless which tilesets the others have downloaded.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 07:12:31 PM »
When you create or modify levels in the NeoLemmixEditor, then using any of these graphic sets that you downloaded is absolutely fine. If you post your single level files (the ones ending in .lvl) here or anywhere else, then you don't have to do anything further either.

Only if you want to combine lots of your levels into one .nxp level pack (using the FlexiToolkit), then adding the styles you used to that level pack is encouraged. For you, who has downloaded all the graphics styles, the level pack should work even without these additions. But it helps other people who might not have downloaded all the styles.

Have fun with creating level! :thumbsup: