Author Topic: [BUG] Editor not allowing spawn ordering (and a bugged level)  (Read 2192 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
[BUG] Editor not allowing spawn ordering (and a bugged level)
« on: October 25, 2016, 11:57:10 PM »
I'm using Version 10.010.010

Mentioned this in the IRC and was advised to report this. First time reporting a bug personally :-\

Anyway, I'm making a level which uses 10 trapdoors each in a different graphic set. I've then proceeded to change the index numbers/S Values to try and change the order in which the trapdoors spawn the lemmings. This has done nothing to change the order of spawning.

mobius then informed me to use the Window Ordering in Editor (F12).
I have added the trapdoor objects to this list in the order I want them to spawn in and this has done nothing to change the ordering of the trapdoor spawns as well. mobius even mentioned that highlighting the object on the map will highlight the object in this window ordering menu, this does not happen.

I was told this may be due to the graphic set mixing causing a bug occur.

EDIT: Additionally, I have created a level which will not load in Neo Lemmix now. I just get a black screen and the egg timer, have to task manager and close Neo Lemmix to back out because it is not responding.
This happened when I tried to change the order of the trapdoors by removing all 10 trapdoors and putting them back individually in the order I wanted them to be in spawn wise.
Even when I attempt to load the level with one trapdoor placed now, Neo Lemmix crashes :(
The level loads only if there are no trapdoors placed.

PM'd the level in question

EDIT2: After messing around a bit with the level, I changed the 10 trapdoor index numbers to 0 through 9 (they were 60-69 which were the last in the sequence of objects) and the level loads after 3 seconds in Neo Lemmix.

The version of Neo Lemmix used is also v10.010.010
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 01:06:10 AM by Flopsy »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [BUG] Editor not allowing spawn ordering (and a bugged level)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »
In regards to the not loading: The level loads fine in Editor V10.010.010 for me, but not in the game. Clearing out the Window Ordering gets it to load in-game properly.

Will have to look into the bug with the order not changing in response to index order changes (S value won't affect it). It's indeed possible it relates to graphic set mixing.

It's a known issue that if every object in a Window Ordering list is not a window, the game will hang (as long as at least one is a window, it'll be fine). I need to fix this. Recent editor versions are a bit more resistant against creating such a thing, but it's still quite easy to do.

The slow loading when it does work is not a bug; it's just because NL has to load so many different graphic sets.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:43:44 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 04:42:11 PM »
Ah ok namida, thanks for looking into this for me and getting back to me :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 11:48:10 AM »
It's a known issue that if every object in a Window Ordering list is not a window, the game will hang (as long as at least one is a window, it'll be fine). I need to fix this. Recent editor versions are a bit more resistant against creating such a thing, but it's still quite easy to do.

This part is now fixed for next update.

Will have to look into the bug with the order not changing in response to index order changes (S value won't affect it). It's indeed possible it relates to graphic set mixing.

I still need to investigate this part.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)