Author Topic: Upcoming Release - NeoLemmix Player V1.47n  (Read 11983 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Upcoming Release - NeoLemmix Player V1.47n
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2016, 03:39:44 PM »
Awesome, thanks!

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2016, 01:00:21 AM »
Uploaded a new experimental player version, V1.47n:DFAA651.

- Some minor physics tweaks to the basher (seems to affect very few, if any, replays)
- Some performance improvements at the start of a level when music is turned off
- Better title bars for the load / save replay dialogs
- Added a "Pause after backwards frameskip" option
- Fixed some issues with NXRP replays (the worst effect it might have on existing replay files is that they get falsely detected as being for the wrong level; it won't ruin them)
- LRB replays are auto-mass-converted to NXRP when running a mass replay check
- Passwords don't exist anymore

Note that I'd say we're getting very close to a stable release now. I'd definitely suggest making all new content for this version at this point in time.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 01:06:24 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2016, 01:56:28 AM »
That experimental release adds a level select menu in place of the password menu.

I've since improved this even futher. It now displays a green checkmark next to levels that you've beaten.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:03:46 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 05:07:23 AM »
Love the level select menu! :thumbsup:

I hope this menu will work for Original Lemmings. As there are 30 levels per rank, it's impossible for them to appear all together on the same screen. Maybe add a next-page tab on the bottom?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 12:10:43 PM »
Love the level select menu! :thumbsup:

I hope this menu will work for Original Lemmings. As there are 30 levels per rank, it's impossible for them to appear all together on the same screen. Maybe add a next-page tab on the bottom?

It does indeed work. Rather than multiple pages, as you move down the list it scrolls. The first or last displayed entry will show "......" to indicate that there's more.

There's some issues with the Orig NXP on this version (I suspect the problems might be related to the pack still using oddtabling; which V1.47n no longer supports), but here's a screenshot from Lemmings Plus I (which also has 30 levels per rank).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 01:39:36 PM »
Uploaded experimental player V1.47n:E573C5B.

Support for older-format VGASPECs has been reinstated, and it has those checkmarks on the level select menu. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2016, 01:52:04 PM »
Uploaded a new exp Flexi Toolkit:

- Removed options that are no longer relevant to V1.47n (if a pack is built as being V1.43n-F / V1.47n dual compatible, it will have these options set to whatever V1.47n's hardcoded behaviour for that option is) such as "Unlock All", level codes, etc
- Added a menu option to quickly set all levels' filenames from their titles; useful if you've got an old pack that has the filenames as "0101.lvl" etc
- Removed the "Advanced Options" button on the Settings tab, as there's so few options now that they can all fit on the main menu. Also redesigned the text editing part to make more use of the newly available space.
- The issue checker can now detect some (but not all) cases where a level uses a feature that's no longer supported
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2016, 02:02:17 PM »
At this point, the only known things left to do before a release is possible (besides some further testing, maybe) are:

Player
Some performance improvements for the level select screen

Editor
Adding support for object rotation
Adding support for obtaining graphic sets from the online server
Possibly implementing some of the smaller, easier-to-do suggestions

Flexi
no further work needed

GSTool
no further work needed

Since we're so close, I'd like to encourage everyone to try out these new versions and let me know of any issues you find / suggestions I've missed (feel free to mention them even if you mentioned them before, I may have forgotten; even if not, the worst that can happen is that I say "I don't plan to implement that" or "I'll do that eventually but not for this release"). Chances are very little is going to change between the current EXP versions and the eventual stable releases.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 03:27:28 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2016, 05:48:29 PM »
Player, Flexi and GSTool have now had stable releases. This topic will remain because there's no stable editor release yet (and might not be for a few days or so, maybe more, really depends on when / how much I feel like working on it).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2016, 04:40:25 AM »
Uploaded an updated experimental editor.

No in-editor support for backgrounds yet, which is why it's still not a stable release.

However, it does now support rotating objects (note: this does not work properly on V1.47n or V1.47n-B in practice, even though it should in theory; I'm going to release a V1.47n-C update soon that fixes this), and can also download styles from the NeoLemmix website directly into the editor. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2016, 01:17:20 AM »
Uploaded an update to the experimental editor. This version now shows background images / colors.

I need to investigate some of the recently-reported bugs before making any stable release.

(EDIT: Discovered some very nasty bugs with No Overwrite in this version after posting. Re-uploaded to fix these.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 01:30:18 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2016, 03:19:02 AM »
Just uploaded yet another experimental editor update (V1.47n:96C2ADE) that should fix the disappearing objects when switching graphic sets and the issues with window order editing.

Let me know if you discover any bugs (ie: NOT just that I haven't implemented a requested feature, no matter how simple - the editor update is very overdue and so I'm not going to implement any more requests until there's been a stable release).

Inability to load Lemmini / SuperLemmini levels is a known issue. This will be fixed before any stable release.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2016, 05:06:24 AM »
Updated the experimental editor again (V1.47n:1174957).

Loading Lemmini and SuperLemmini levels should now be working again; although do note that (a) I didn't test this very extensively, and (b) I only tested it with SuperLemmini levels. Since they're now working again, I restored the "Mass Convert" option.

Assuming no (major) bugs are found, this will become the stable release.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 05:11:48 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2016, 10:23:49 PM »
Uploaded editor V1.47n:182F3BE which should fix an issue where many NeoLemmix levels give an oddtabling error when loading. (Typical huh... fix Lemmini / SuperLemmini loading, and bam, NeoLemmix loading breaks. No idea whether Lemmix loading was working or not.)

I've tested loading Lemmix, NeoLemmix and SuperLemmini with V1.47n:182F3BE. I didn't test regular Lemmini, but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't work while SuperLemmini does.
My Lemmings projects